The Woosa class uses a Swallowtail Fan as her primary weapon and a Do Stave as her secondary weapon. She is a mid-ranged magic user, specialising in Do arts and trained at the Woodo school. Her homeland is the Land of the Morning Light, which is an Asian-themed region, inspired by Korean folklore. Woosa is also the younger sister and twin of the Maegu class.
At level 56, Woosa unlocks her succession skills. Succession Woosa can conjure rainclouds and use the power of the Sagoonja. She delivers quick strikes with her folded fan, and large AOE attacks by mixing Do arts with her fan spread attack. Woosa’s Do arts utilize a butterfly motif, as she can summon a huge storm from the beating wings of a butterfly. Like the gently fluttering wings of the butterfly, she graces around the battlefield, overwhelming her foes with combos as smooth as flowing water.
For her awakening, Woosa will swap weapons with her sister Maegu. She will use a Charm as her awakening, and Maegu will use the fan as her awakening. This has been confirmed in the Dev Commentary, which you can view below.
Although the twins will share the same weapons, their combat styles are very different, and they were designed to be almost polar opposites, so despite the weapons, we can expect a very different style than we have seen so far for their awakenings. Below is a sneak peak at the official concept art for Awakening Woosa, which was posted in the 17th Feb 2023 Global Lab Patch Notes.
Since the skill point update in late 2022, you can obtain all skills for approximately 1,000 skill points. Focus on your main skills first, then level the passives. The Weight Training skill should be leveled last since it only gives you weight limit increase.
It is important to read through your skills to understand which skills have protection and crowd control effects. Read through your skills carefully to get familiar with what each skill does. You can also filter the different effects in the Skill Window (K).
- Super armor (SA)
- This means you cannot be crowd controlled while this effect is active (except grab/grapple), but you will still take damage from any attacks
- Forward guard (FG)
- This means you will block damage and crowd control effects coming from the front direction of your character. The block can be broken if you take enough damage and you will see a blue shield with a number, indicating the % left of the block.
- Some classes have an “S block”. This means you will automatically use Forward Guard when moving backward with “S”.
- Invincible (I-frame)
- This means that you will not take damage and cannot be crowd controlled from any direction for the duration of the effect
|Pre-awakening / Succession|
|Absolute: Pummel||RMB||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Absolute: Flutter Kick
Prime: Flutter Kick
|W + RMB||Forward Guard during the skill|
|SPACE after other skills||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Absolute: Kaleidoscope Swirl
Prime: Kaleidoscope Swirl
|SHIFT + LMB||Super Armor during the skill|
|S + F||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Absolute: Sagoonja: Plum
Prime: Sagoonja: Plum
|S + LMB||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Absolute: Sagoonja: Orchid
Prime: Sagoonja: Orchid
|SHIFT + E||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Absolute: Sagoonja: Chrysanth
Prime: Sagoonja: Chrysanth
|SHIFT + F||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Prime: Sagoonja: Bamboo||W + E||Forward Guard during the skill|
|SHIFT + Q||Super Armor during the skill|
|SHIFT + RMB||Super Armor during the skill|
|Flow: Stormbolt||RMB after Cloudrise||Super Armor during the skill|
|Prime: Butterfly Dream||Hotbar only||Super Armor during the skill|
|Prime: Inkwrath||C||Super Armor during the skill|
|Fan Wall||Q||Forward Guard|
|Flourish||LMB during Fan Wall||Forward Guard during the skill|
|Prime: Rain’s Thirst||S + Q||Super Armor during the skill|
|Absolute: Butterfly Step||SHIFT + SPACE||Super Armor during the skill
Invincible when character disappears
|Tigerfly||LMB after certain skills||Super Armor during the skill|
|Yangban Step||W + SHIFT||Invincible during the skill|
Chain: Flitting Step
|A/S/D + SHIFT||Invincible > Super Armor during the skill|
To lock a skill, press the lock icon on the top of each skill icon in the skill window (K).
These are the Succession skills I recommend locking to help prevent messing up combos during PVP.
- Chain: Fan Kick – optional
- Prime: Rain’s Thirst – optional
- Absolute: Pummel – optional
These are the minimum skills I recommend putting on your hotbar.
You may also want to put more skills on your hotbar and cooldown slots to keep track of them. For more information about how to do this, check out our Edit UI and Settings Guide.
Skill Enhancement (Rabam) Skills
Skill Enhancement skills can be obtained in the Skill Window (K) under the “Skill Enhancement” tab at the top. At levels 56, 57, and 58, you will have 2 different options to choose between. These skills have no skill points cost, but you have to have other skills leveled up to be able to take them.
Level 56 – [SHIFT + X]
- Kaleidoscope Flower – Requires [Kaleidoscope Swirl III] and [Cloud Flower III]
- Chrysanth Swirl – Requires [Kaleidoscope Swirl III] and [Sagoonja: Chrysanth III]
For the level 56 rabam, the choice comes down to preference and what kind of content you are doing.
Chrysanth Swirl is a fast and long ranged CC, with Forward Guard and a Movement Speed debuff, making it useful for PVP.
Kaleidoscope Flower is more of a filler skill that you can use while waiting for other skills to come off cooldown. It has many hits and decent damage for PVE, as well as Super Armor protection.
Level 57 – [SHIFT + Z]
- Cloudburst – Requires [Cloudrise V] and [Thunderstroke III]
- Inkstroke – Requires [Cloudrise V] and [Stave Strike III]
- (Preferred Choice)
For the level 57 rabams, Inkstroke is the more popular choice. It is unprotected, but is quick to cast and has a ranged Knockdown CC. The skill is usefull for pulling packs in PVE, and combos nicely into the last hit of Fan Kick (F) and other skills.
In comparison, Cloud Burst has a Stiff CC with Forward Guard.
Level 58 – [Quickslot Only]
- Reinvigorate – Requires [Sagoonja: Plum IV] and [Sagoonja: Orchid III]
- Spring Blossom – Requires [Sagoonja: Plum IV] and [Sagoonja: Bamboo III]
- (Preferred Choice)
For the 3rd Rabam skill, Spring Blossom is the safer and recommended choice, since it has Super Armor and adds a large amount of passive HP regen to go alongside your Prime: Tranquil Mind passive. However, the skill does have a long cast time so it is best to cast it before entering a fight.
Reinvigorate also has Super Armor and recovers a flat % of HP instead, however it drains your MP which can leave you vulnerable.
Below are some examples of PVE skill add-ons you can take. These add-ons are recommended by the Class Discord for the specific combos listed in this guide. Full credit goes to the original sharer.
If you would like example skill add-ons for other scenarios, please refer to the Class Discord and its resources.
I recommend experimenting with your add-ons and figuring out what is best for you because it really depends on your personal preference and how you play your class. If you’re simply not sure what to take then you can blindly follow the examples below and they will still be effective.
|Succession PVE Add-ons (Credit: DJules)
All DP -20 for 10 sec for target
|Succession PVE Add-ons (Credit: Clockwork)
Extra AP Against Monsters +30 for 7 sec
Some skills can be “canceled” by comboing them with another skill. Canceling a skill can shorten the skill casting animation, making some skills almost instant and shortening the unprotected gaps. Below is a list of Skill cancels for you to learn.
Counter Mechanic (Succession)
The Counter Mechanic is a unique mechanic exclusive to Succession Woosa, allowing her to absorb damage using the Rain’s Thirst skill, and then reflect it.
Rain’s Thirst can be used with (S + Q) to gain damage reduction for 4 seconds. During that time Woosa stands still in Super Armor and will absorb any damage dealt to her. The absorbed damage is stored for 15 seconds, and her next skill to hit an enemy target will reflect her damage taken as extra damage to the enemy.
The extra damage is true damage meaning it bypasses the enemy’s DR and evasion. It also doesn’t matter what AP you are, the extra damage is only calculated by your damage taken. Since the extra damage is true damage, it is also unaffected by PA skills (Protective Area) and will deal the full amount. The extra damage is not split between multiple targets.
The amount of extra damage is determined by the amount of HP lost by Woosa during the 4 seconds of Rain’s Thirst, so it can be a tricky balance between soaking enough damage and not dying. However, you can cancel Rain’s Thirst early using your iframes (Shift + W/A/S/D) if you are getting low HP, and you will still have the absorbed damage. You can use her “E buff” skill Prime: Butterfly Dream before Rain’s Thirst to gain +1000 Max HP, increasing the amount of potential damage the skill can deal.
Absorbed damage will be lost if you are hit by a CC effect.
Storm Cloud Mechanic (Succession)
The Storm Cloud Mechanic is a unique mechanic exclusive to Succession Woosa, allowing her to summon Clouds and activate them for extra effects.
- You can summon up to 2 Clouds at a time that will do extra effects when “activated” using other skills that have a <Storm Cloud Effect> on them. If you are hit with CC while under the cloud, a thunderstorm will also hit your enemy to CC them.
- When summoned, the clouds will remain for 15 seconds, unless activated by another skill or from Woosa being CC’d.
- Clouds cannot be cast on top of each other, there must be space between them. If you have 2 clouds already summoned, you can only summon another after one is activated or desummons.
- When you use a skill to activate the cloud, it will activate all the summoned clouds. When grinding, try to stagger the cloud spawning so that you always have one activated.
- Flow: Stormbolt and the Sangoonja Skills inflict a -15 DP debuff for 10 seconds when they are used to activate the clouds. Stormfall inflicts a -30% Movement Speed debuff for 10 seconds when used to activate the clouds.
- The debuffs inflicted by the Clouds do not stack if they are the same type, and will only be refreshed.
Example Skill Combos
Below are some example Skill Combos from the Woosa discord to practise and get you started. For more combos and more information about your skills, or how to flow your skills together, check the Woosa Discord server. Full credit goes to the Woosa Discord and original sharer of the combos.
For your armor, you will make a choice between Damage Reduction or Evasion gear. I recommend reading our guide about the two different DP stats if you want to learn what the two different stats do.
Generally, you are recommended to build Damage Reduction on Woosa.
There are various different accessories in the game. At first, just focus on using the accessories that give you the highest AP in each slot.
There are also “free” accessories that all new players should get:
Common Starter PVE accessories:
- TET Black Distortion Earrings or TET Narc Ear Accessory (PEN Capotia Earring)
- TET Basilisk’s Belt (or PEN Capotia Belt)
- TET Ring of Crescent Guardian
- TET Ogre Ring/Laytenn’s Necklace (or PEN Capotia Necklace).
Below is an example starter Crystal build for PVE. Some of the crystals are expensive. You can obtain the Rebellious Crystal by completing the main story questline. For more example crystal builds, including an end-game PVE crystal build, and PVP Crystal builds, check our Crystal Preset Guide.
- Ah’krad Crystal x2
- Rebellious Spirit Crystal x2
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Adamantine x2
- Ancient Magic Crystal of Crimson Flame – Power x2
- Dark Red Fang Crystal – Valor x2
- Corrupted Magic Crystal x2
- Max HP +350
- All AP +34
- All Accuracy +6
- Extra Damage to Monsters +20
- Hidden Damage Reduction -4
- Knockdown/Bound Resistance +50%
- Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance +10%
- Critical Hit Level +4
- Critical Hit Damage +22%
- Skill EXP +10%
This is an example PVP Build for Woosas using Damage Reduction Armors and going full Human Damage (glass cannon). For more example crystal builds, check our Crystal Preset Guide or the Class Discord.
- Glorious Crystal of Gallantry – Olucas x2
- Red Spirit Crystal x2
- Crystal of Elkarr x2
- Corrupted Magic Crystal x2
- JIN: Magic Crystal – Viper x2
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Viper x2
- Red Battlefield Crystal: Carmae x2
- Ancient Spirit’s Crystal – Swiftness x1
- All accuracy +70
- Ignore All Resistance +20%
- Max HP +200
- All AP +14
- Extra Damage to Humans +56
- All Damage Reduction -4
- Critical Hit Damage +22%
- Attack, Casting Speed +2%
- Attack Speed +6
- Casting Speed +4
- Critical Hit +2
- Movement Speed +2
Artifacts and Lightstones
There are a few different viable choices for both Artifacts and Lightstone combos. Woosa is the “Magic Damage” type so you want to go for Magic Accuracy and Magic Damage for offensive artifacts.
For PVE Lighstones there are a few different options to min-max. For certain spots, you may want to use Species damage combos (eg. The Wild: Demihumans, The Wild: Kamaslyvia, The Wild: Humans). Species damage combos perform better if you are reaching the monster AP caps at a certain zone.
A more generic PVE combo is listed below that is recommended for your class and will work at any spot.
Artifacts for PVE:
Marsh’s Artifact – Extra AP Against Monsters
- (Extra Damage to Monsters +6)
Lesha’s Artifact – Monster Damage Reduction
- (Monster Damage Reduction +9)
Artifacts for PVP:
Marsh’s Artifact – Magic AP
- (Magic AP +4)
Marsh’s Artifact – Magic Accuracy
- (Magic Accuracy +8)
|PVE Lightstone Combo|
|Total Combo Effects:
Monster AP +13
Back Attack Damage +6%
Critical Damage +3%
|PVP – Offensive Lightstone Combo|
|Total Combo Effects:
All AP +10
All Accuracy +16
Maximum Stamina +100
Critical Damage +6%
I highly recommend checking out the Woosa Class Discord for resources about your class. The class discords always have the most up-to-date information and tons of experienced players that can help with questions or gearing advice. I would like to give a shoutout to the Mod and Helper roles in the woosa discord for all their hard work gathering resources. You can find additional resources below, I honestly cannot recommend enough to join the discord.
Useful links to check out:
- Official Woosa Forums
- Woosa Succession Combo Guide by DJules
- Woosa Succession Combo Guide by Quendya
PVP Montage Videos:
Credits Disclaimer: Since there are now 26 BDO classes, it is impossible for me to keep class guides fully maintained. My main class is Ranger and I don’t claim to be the best in any class. Therefore, I use resources and recommendations from the Class discords since (as all other players would agree) this is the best source. I also ask for advice from friends who are more experienced in the class. Where possible, I credit specific players for information such as Add-ons, and combos. However, sometimes there is no player mentioned as the original sharer. If there are any issues with credit or you would like certain information removed/changed, please reach out to me!