This feature is currently in testing and not available on live servers. You can test the feature yourself on Global Labs if you would like to get a feel for how it works and how much it will cost, but please keep in mind that details are subject to change.
Marni’s Suspicious Device allows you to make a copy of your current characters equipped gear to use on your tagged character. The weapons will change to the equivalent weapon for the tagged class. For example, if your main character is a ranger and your tagged character is a mystic, you will keep your ranger gear and a second set of gear with mystic weapons will be copied and placed in the inventory of your mystic.
- The tagged character will obtain a copy of all the equipped gear including any life skill tool that is equipped, and an equipped alchemy stone.
- Original gear will remain on the original character.
- Gear must be full durability to be copied.
- Any crystals that were in the original gear will also be copied to the tagged character.
- The copied gear cannot be sold or enhanced and you cannot extract the crystals from the copied gear. However, you can delete the crystals to put different cyrstals into the gear instead. This will not effect the original gear.
- If the tagged character has negative karma, the gear will be deleted if you die. The copied gear is also deleted if you untag the characters.
- If the original gear is deleted, the copied gear will also be deleted.
- If the original gear is enhanced or caphras levels change, the copied gear will also be updated to reflect the change
Equipment that cannot be copied:
- Costumes, such as Calpheon Noble Dress
- Season gear (Naru/Tuvala)
- Story quest gear
- Rented CP gear
- Equipment that does not use weapon vouchers
- Shai Weapons
- Life Tools that are equipped in the main weapon slot (eg. fishing rods and floats)
To use this system both characters must be level 56 or higher and you must complete a questline from your Black Spirit called “[Marni’s Suspicious Device] Great Deal” to unlock the feature.
Once you have unlocked Marni’s Suspicious Device, you must buy Marni Fuel from any Old Moon Manager in any town or city. Marni Fuel costs 10 million silver each and the amount you need depends on your equipped gear:
- Marni Fuel Required = 3% of (Mainhand Weapon market value + Awakening Weapon market value + Offhand Weapon market value) + any caphras levels
Once you have the Marni Fuel you can share the gear by opening the Character Tag window and clicking the Marni’s Suspicious Device button. This will show you the gear you are about to copy and you can also see the amount of Marni Fuel required. In this example I only need 20 Marni Fuel, which is the minimum amount required. This is because central market prices on Global Lab are very low.
Click the image below to enlarge
After switching to the tagged character you can now see that all of the items have been copied and placed into the inventory. Each copied item has a unique icon but is exactly the same as the gear from the main character.
Crystals can also be removed and replaced from the gear, but the crystals cannot be extracted and the gear cannot be placed on the market or in storage.