The Ator’s Shoes are the best-in-slot shoes in BDO and arrived with the Ulukita region. The gloves were the forth piece to be released in the “Ancient” gear set, with the Fallen God Armor arriving first in the O’Dyllita region, then Labreska Helmet with the Mountain of Eternal Winter region, and Dahn’s Gloves with Land of the Morning Light.
The shoes have similar base stats as Urugon’s/Muskan’s with Caphras level 10. However, the Ator’s Shoes can be enhanced from base to PEN for higher stats.
3 Set Boss Gear Effect:
- Max Stamina +200
4 Set Boss Gear Effect:
- Attack Speed +1 Level
- Casting Speed +1 Level
- Max HP +100
- Monster Damage Reduction +10
3 Set Ancient Gear Effect:
- Max HP +300
4 Set Ancient Gear Effect:
- Max HP +150
Unlike the Fallen God/Labreska, Ator’s Shoes have 2 different versions you can choose between, depending on whether you are going for a Damage Reduction or Evasion build. You can also swap between the two shoes through an exchange quest.
– Evasion: 48 (+96)
– Damage Reduction: 39 (+19)
– Evasion: 48 (+51)
– Damage reduction: 41 (+46)
|(PRI) Desperate Ator’s Shoes||Defense: 90
– Evasion: 50 (+97)
– Damage reduction: 40 (+21)
– Evasion: 50 (+52)
– Damage reduction: 42 (+48)
|(DUO) Distorted Ator’s Shoes||Defense: 93
– Evasion: 51 (+98)
– Damage reduction: 42 (+22)
– Evasion: 51 (+53)
– Damage reduction: 44 (+49)
|(TRI) Silent Ator’s Shoes||Defense: 96
– Evasion: 53 (+100)
– Damage reduction: 43 (+24)
– Evasion: 53 (+55)
– Damage reduction: 45 (+51)
|(TET) Wailing Ator’s Shoes||Defense: 99
– Evasion: 55 (+102)
– Damage reduction: 44 (+26)
– Evasion: 55 (+57)
– Damage reduction: 46 (+53)
|(PEN) Obliterating Ator’s Shoes||Defense: 102
– Evasion: 57 (+104)
– Damage reduction: 45 (+28)
– Evasion: 57 (+59)
– Damage reduction: 47 (+55)
How to Obtain
To craft the Ator’s Shoes, you must be level 56+ and obtain the relevant items.
You will need the items for one of these 3 options:
|Option 1||[Crafting] Ator’s Shoes – Blackstar Shoes|| PEN: Blackstar Shoes
Flame of Resonance x1
|Option 2||[Crafting] Ator’s Shoes – Urugon’s Shoes
||PEN: Urugon’s Shoes (Caphras Lv. 10)
Flame of Resonance x1
|Option 3||[Crafting] Ator’s Shoes – Muskan’s Shoes
PEN: Muskan’s Shoes (Caphras Lv. 10)
Flame of Resonance x1
It is recommended to use PEN Urugon’s Shoes or PEN Muskan’s Shoes since the PEN Blackstar is difficult it is to obtain. It is much easier to get a PEN boss armor, then upgrade the armor with caphras.
Since there are also 2 different types of the Ator’s Shoes, the version you obtain depends on the shoes you use:
- if you use PEN Blackstar or PEN Urugon’s Shoes, you will obtain the Damage Reduction (blue version) of Ator’s Shoes
- If you use PEN Muskan’s Shoes, you will obtain the Evasion (green version) of Ator’s Shoes
The number of Caphras Stones needed:
|Caphras Level||Stones Required per level||Total Stones Required|
With the items in your inventory, you can then proceed with the “[Crafting] Ator’s Shoes” quest from Durgeff at Atessahra.
- The quest is only available if you are level 56+
- If you cannot see the quest, make sure all quests are turned ON at the bottom of your Quest Log (O). The icons should all be yellow!
Flame of Resonance
You can craft a Flame of Resonance by Processing > Heating 100 Embers of Resonance
Both the Embers and Flame of Resonance have a low chance of dropping from monsters in the Dark Seeker’s Retreat monster zone. The flame can also be bought from the central market. I would advise putting a pre-order on the item as early as possible since it can take months for the pre-order to go through.
Dark Seeker’s Retreat Grinding Spot
Dark Seeker’s Retreat is a solo, end-game grind spot with high difficulty. The monsters here are Demihuman type.
- Recommended AP: 310
- Recommended DP: 420
Possible loot you can obtain from monsters at Dark Seeker’s Retreat:
|Decayed Cloth||This is the new trash loot you can obtain from Dark Seeker’s Retreat. The trash loot has a selling price of 45,570 silver.|
|Ember of Resonance||Can be processed (L) using the Heating option to craft Flame of Resonance
(Ember of Resonance x100 required)
|Flame of Resonance||Can be used to craft Ator’s Shoes|
|Kabua’s Artifact||Can be equipped in your Artifact equipment slot (PVE Artifact)|
|Kabua’s Fragment||Can be processed (L) using the Simple Alchemy option to craft Kabua’s Artifact
(Kabua’s Fragment x100 + Magical Lightstone Crystal x100 required)
- Other regular loot includes: Black Stone (Armor), Black Stone (Weapon), Sealed Black Magic Crystal, Imperfect LIghtstone of Fire, Ancient Spirit Dust, Trace of the Earth
Ator’s Shoes Exchange Quest
Since there are 2 different versions of the Ator’s Shoes, you can exchange between the two whenever you like.
- The quest is obtained from Durgeff NPC in Ateshsara
- When you complete the exchange quest, the family name of the adventurer who completed the exchange quest will be engraved regardless of the family name engraved on the shoes previously.
- The quest is a recurring quest, so there is no limit to the number of times you can complete it.
|Quest NPC||Requirements||Completion reward|
(Located in Atessahra)
Hand over 1 pair of Ator’s Shoes
Hand over Scorching Sun Shard x200
1 pair of Ator’s Shoes – different from the one handed over
(Same level of enhancement)
- Scorching Sun Shards are obtainable from Calpheon Elvia grind zones.
How to Enhance
Just like the Fallen God Armor, Labreska Helmet and Dahn’s Gloves, the Ator’s Shoes are tricky to enhance.
The Ator’s Shoes have the same stats as PEN Blackstar Shoes but can be enhanced from base to PEN. The % chance of success is very low.
Due to how difficult the item is to enhance, most players enhance to DUO and then come back to the item at a later date with cron stones to do TRI attempts with a high stack.
Each attempt requires a Flawless Chaotic Black Stone and a failed attempt reduces 30 max durability. You can use Cron stones but it is very costly and there is no Caphras levels or force enhance option for this item.
To create a Flawless Chaotic Black Stone you will need:
You can also use Black Stone Powder x1 with either recipe to make x10 at once