The Dahn’s Gloves are the best-in-slot gloves in BDO and arrived with the Land of the Morning Light region. The gloves were the third piece to be released in the “Ancient” gear set, with the Fallen God Armor arriving first in the O’Dyllita region, Labreska Helmet with the Mountain of Eternal Winter region, and Ator’s Shoes arriving after with the Ulukita region.
The gloves have similar base stats as Bheg’s/Leebur’s with Caphras level 10. However, the Dahn’s Gloves can be enhanced from base to PEN for higher stats.
3 Set Boss Gear Effect:
- Max Stamina +200
4 Set Boss Gear Effect:
- Attack Speed +1 Level
- Casting Speed +1 Level
- Max HP +100
- Monster Damage Reduction +10
3 Set Ancient Gear Effect:
- Max HP +300
4 Set Ancient Gear Effect:
- Max HP +150
Unlike the Fallen God/Labreska, Dahn’s Gloves have 2 different versions you can choose between, depending on whether you are going for a Damage Reduction or Evasion build. You can also swap between the two gloves through an exchange quest.
– Evasion: 31 (+84)
– Damage Reduction: 39 (+24)
– Evasion: 38 (+109)
– Damage Reduction: 34 (+22)
|(PRI) Desperate Dahn’s Gloves||Accuracy: 50
– Evasion: 33 (+85)
– Damage Reduction: 40 (+26)
– Evasion: 40 (+110)
– Damage Reduction: 35 (+24)
|(DUO) Distorted Dahn’s Gloves||Accuracy: 50
– Evasion: 34 (+86)
– Damage Reduction: 42 (+27)
– Evasion: 41 (+111)
– Damage Reduction: 37 (+25)
|(TRI) Silent Dahn’s Gloves||Accuracy: 50
– Evasion: 36 (+88)
– Damage Reduction: 43 (+29)
– Evasion: 43 (+113)
– Damage Reduction: 38 (+27)
|(TET) Wailing Dahn’s Gloves||Accuracy: 50
– Evasion: 38 (+90)
– Damage Reduction: 44 (+31)
– Evasion: 45 (+115)
– Damage Reduction: 39 (+29)
|(PEN) Obliterating Dahn’s Gloves||Accuracy: 50
– Evasion: 40 (+92)
– Damage Reduction: 45 (+33)
– Evasion: 47 (+117)
– Damage Reduction: 40 (+31)
How to Obtain
After completing the Land of the Morning Light main quests, you can start the Dahn’s Gloves questline “[Dahn’s Gloves] The Name We Miss Dearly, Mihyun!” by talking to your Black Spirit.
|[Dahn’s Gloves] The Name We Miss Dearly, Mihyun!||Black Spirit (,)||Complete all Land of the Morning Light main quests|
- The quest is only available on the character you completed the LoML quests on
- If you cannot see the quest after completing the pre-requisites, make sure all quests are turned ON at the bottom of your Quest Log (O). The icons should all be yellow!
You will need the items for one of these 3 options:
|Option 1||[Crafting] Dahn’s Gloves – Blackstar Armor|| PEN: Blackstar Gloves
Flame of Hongik x1
|Option 2||[Crafting] Dahn’s Gloves – Bheg’s Gloves
||PEN: Bheg’s Gloves (Caphras Lv. 10)
Flame of Hongik x1
|Option 3||[Crafting] Dahn’s Gloves – Leebur’s Gloves||
PEN: Leebur’s Gloves (Caphras Lv. 10)
Flame of Hongik x1
It is recommended to use PEN Bheg’s Gloves or PEN Leebur’s Gloves since the PEN Blackstar is difficult it is to obtain. It is much easier to get a PEN boss armor, then upgrade the armor with caphras.
Since there are also 2 different types of the Dahn’s Gloves, the version you obtain depends on the gloves you use:
- if you use PEN Blackstar or PEN Bheg’s Gloves, you will obtain the Damage Reduction (blue version) of Dahn’s Gloves
- If you use PEN Leebur’s Gloves, you will obtain the Evasion (green version) of Dahn’s Gloves
The number of Caphras Stones needed:
|Caphras Level||Stones Required per level||Total Stones Required|
With the items in your inventory, you can then proceed with the “[Crafting] Dahn’s Gloves” quest from Fox Goddess Statue in Yeowoo Cave. You can autopath to the Yeowoo Cave Node to find the entrance of the cave.
Flame of Hongik
You can craft a Flame of Hongik by Processing > Heating 500 Embers of Hongik.
Both the Embers and Flame of Hongik have a low chance of dropping from all bosses in the Land of the Morning Light Black Shrine. The difficulty of the bosses does not matter, but higher difficulty may have a higher drop rate.
The embers also have a very low chance of being obtained from the Dokkebi Forest Excavation Node. You can only send Dokkebi Workers to this node to gather the materials.
You can also exchange Crystallized Despair x1 for Embers of Hongik x2 at NPC Hyunyong in Nampo Moodle Village.
I would advise putting a pre-order for the Crystallized Despair or grinding Calpheon Elvia zones if you would like to prepare for the Dahn’s Gloves in advance.
Dahn’s Gloves Exchange Quest
Since there are 2 different versions of the Dahn’s Gloves, you can exchange between the two whenever you like.
- The quest is obtained from Hyunyong NPC in Nampo Harbor
- When you complete the exchange quest, the family name of the adventurer who completed the exchange quest will be engraved regardless of the family name engraved on the glove previously.
- The quest is a recurring quest, so there is no limit to the number of times you can complete it.
|Quest NPC||Requirements||Completion reward|
[Chorong Merchant Guild] Hyunyong
Hand over 1 pair of Dahn’s Gloves
Hand over Scorching Sun Shard x200
1 pair of Dahn’s Gloves – different to the one handed over
(Same level of enhancement)
- Scorching Sun Shards are obtainable from Calpheon Elvia grind zones.
How to Enhance
Just like the Fallen God Armor, Labreska Helmet, and Ator’s Shoes, the Dahn’s Gloves are tricky to enhance.
The Dahn’s Gloves have the same stats as PEN Blackstar Gloves but can be enhanced from base to PEN. The % chance of success is very low.
Due to how difficult the item is to enhance, most players enhance to DUO and then come back to the item at a later date with cron stones to do TRI attempts with a high stack.
Each attempt requires a Flawless Chaotic Black Stone and a failed attempt reduces 30 max durability. You can use Cron stones but it is very costly and there is no Caphras levels or force enhance option for this item.
To create a Flawless Chaotic Black Stone you will need:
You can also use Black Stone Powder x1 with either recipe to make x10 at once
Dahn’s Gloves have the same failstack % chance as Fallen God Armor, so you can refer to the image below for optimal failstacks and cron stone cost.
(Image credit to Primm)