Unlike previous regions, the Land of the Morning Light does not have traditional grind spots, instead, there are 9 different bosses you can challenge and defeat. This system is called “Black Shrine”, and there is a kill-time leaderboard for the fastest time record.
Currently, all the bosses are defeated solo. At Calpheon Ball 2022 Pearl Abyss did mention that the bosses can also be defeated in co-op with your guild. With the guild versions having different attack patterns and mechanics from the solo version. However this is currently not the case, and it is likely there will be more updates to Black Shrine in the future, since some difficulty levels are not unlocked yet, and you can currently only obtain a maximum of 6 Light Orbs (even though the UI suggests we can obtain more).
How to Enter/Exit Black Shrine
Each boss must be unlocked first by completing the relevant Story Chapter from your Land of the Morning Light Storybook. After facing the boss for the first time as part of the story, you will be able to challenge them again.
The Black Shrine menu can be accessed by going to the ESC Menu > Adventure (F5) > Black Shrine.
Select a boss from the list on the left side, then click the arrow button to get a ping location to the boss. Once you are at the boss location, you can press the “Start Battle” button from the Black Shrine menu to begin the fight.
If you die to the boss, you will automatically exit the Black Shrine. You can also leave early by pressing ESC, bringing up a pop-up box that will ask if you want to leave the fight.
Difficulty Levels (Calamity) and Weekly Limit
The boss fights are designed to be challenging and intense, and there are up to 10 levels of difficulty called “Calamity” for each boss, with new mechanics or attack patterns introduced as you climb to a higher difficulty.
Currently, you can only challenge up to level 7, and level 8+ will be unlocked at a later date to allow time for players to become more familiar with the bosses.
Any class can challenge up to level 5 difficulty straight away, but to reach level 6 and higher, the difficulty must be unlocked one by one. When the first player in each class clears a level for the first time, a message is displayed for all players to honor the achievement. This player then unlocks the next level for all players in the same class.
In addition, you can only obtain rewards for defeating up to 5 bosses per week. This is for the entire family and resets every Sunday at 00:00 UTC.
- The weekly limit is consumed every time you successfully defeat a boss, at each difficulty level. For example, if you defeat a boss at level 5, that will consume 1 weekly limit, and defeating the same boss at level 6 will consume another weekly limit.
- If you successfully defeat the boss, the number of defeated bosses will not be consumed again if you challenge the same boss again at the same level.
- The number of defeated bosses is only recorded if you successfully defeat the boss, and is not consumed if you fail or choose to leave the boss fight.
- If you have consumed all 5 of your weekly limit, you cannot attempt any new bosses, but you can still continue to challenge the bosses you have already completed, and your kill-time leaderboard ranking will update if you set a faster clear time.
Boss Aura System
Each boss has one of 3 “auras” allocated to them (eg. Sun, Moon, Earth), and the aura the boss has, shows which type of elemental the boss has a weakness to.
In the Black Shrine UI, you can see which aura is allocated to which boss and you can also access the Manage Aura Menu.
Here you can invest “Light Orbs” into the different auras, giving you additional stats against bosses with the same assigned aura. The additional stat bonuses gained through the Auras only apply to the boss that has that Aura.
For each invested Light Orb, you gain 50 AP and 100 DP in the Aura. Once the Light Orbs are invested into an Aura, you can allocate them further to refine which stats you want to focus on. Click on the Aura icon, to focus on that one Aura. You will have a set amount of points to spend depending on the number of Light Orbs you have invested. For every 1 Orb you invest, you gain 3 stat points. You can then choose to invest these stat points in damage (AP) or defense (DP). For each invested stat point, you can gain 1 AP or 1 DP.
You can reset stats and Light Orbs at any time for a small silver cost:
- Resetting your Invested Orbs costs 2,000,000 silver
- Resetting your invested stats costs 500,000 silver
List of Bosses
Below is a list of all 9 bosses and their weak Aura type.
|Boss Icon||Boss Name||Aura|
Golden Pig King
Bamboo Legion Lieutenant
Preparing for Black Shrine
All of the boss fights are around 5 minutes long (whether you defeat the boss or die), so popping buffs can feel like a bit of a waste.
It is much more important to make sure your Auras are correctly applied for the boss. Even in the earlier levels (3-4) players found a huge difference in difficulty and found the fights much easier when their Auras were correctly assigned.
If you do decide to use buffs, make sure you pop the buffs before entering the boss fight, since you cannot use consumables once inside.
Below is a quick example checklist of buffs you may want to use:
|Checklist before you start|
|PVE Artifacts and Lightstones||Make sure you swap to PVE Artifacts and Lighstones if you frequently change them for PVP.|
|PVE Crystal Preset||Make sure you swap to your PVE Cyrstal Preset if you frequently change your crystals for PVP. If you are unsure what crystals to use for PVE, check out our example builds in the Crystal Preset Guide|
|PVE Skill Addons||Make sure you swap to your PVE Skill Addons if you frequently change your addons for PVP.|
Collect the AP church buffs from the priest:
|Vell’s Heart||Make sure your alchemy stone is turned on and recharged.|
|Exquisite Cron Meal||
Buy or make the Exquisite Cron Meal.
Perfume of Courage
|Perfumes are optional but may help you clear the hardest levels.|
|Giant’s/Frenzy Draught||Use either Giant’s Draught, or Frenzy Draught if you feel you are lacking DP since it has a higher HP regen.|
|Villa Buffs||Collect the [Body Enhancement] Villa buffs from your tent.|
Boss Fight Rules and Mechanics
After entering the boss room, you will not be able to use potions or other consumables, so you cannot heal if you take damage.
Instead, there are green orbs around the edge of the boss room, and if you hit these green orbs with a skill, you can recover HP.
The locations of the orbs seem to always be the same, so you can memorize exactly where they are.
At the beginning of the fight, the orb will start small, and if you don’t hit it, the size of the orb will grow larger. The larger the orb becomes, the more HP it will recover.
In the image below, you can see the difference between the smaller (left) and larger (right) orb.
Golden Pig King
The Golden Pig King has a CC effect on almost all of the skills and a one-shot ability at level 6 or higher.
The Golden Pig King has a Golden Circle aura around him from the very start, so drag him over to a green HP Recovery orb at the start of the fight. If you go outside the circle, the boss’ HP is restored. In addition, the boss receives an AP buff and DP debuff.
If you go outside the circle more than 3 times, a one-shot skill is used. You also have a time limit of 8 minutes and 20 seconds to defeat the boss, or a one-shot skill will be used.
Golden Pig King’s basic attack is to slash the sword forward and if it hits, it has a 100% chance of knocking you down.
When the Golden Pig King puts both hands into the ground, he deals multi-hit damage to the entire golden aura range for 2 seconds. This skill can be avoided with a front guard or I-frame
- Fire Sword Swing
- The golden pig king puts a blue or gold fire effect on his sword and swings the blade toward the player. It is easy to move behind the boss at this time for back attacks.
- 4 Spin Attacks
- The boss swings the sword and attacks 4 times in a straight line. The attack area is larger than it appears, so use a forward guard to avoid damage.
- Golden Explosion
- The boss puts his sword on his back, and 1 second later creates a golden explosion that lasts for 3 seconds. The skill can be blocked with a front guard or I-frame
- Message: “I will fill your bellies with gold, and you will choke on your greed!”
- The Golden Pig King spits fire from his sword and spins 4 times. The skill can be avoided with a front guard or i-frame, but if you block the skill your guard will break and be stuck at 0 for a while. An area of fire will also appear on the floor and will inflict a burning effect if you stand in it.
- Message: “No! This isn’t over! I’m not done yet!”
- The boss puts a blue fire effect on his sword and uses an AOE skill once around himself, then an AOE skill at range immediately after.
- Message: “What on earth did we do wrong!?”
- The golden pig king sets the sword on fire and rotates the sword twice.
- Message: “I’ll show you why I’m King!”
- When the Golden Pig King reaches 30% HP or lower, the attack damage and range are greatly increased.
Level 6 & 7 only:
- After 3 minutes, the Golden Pig King suddenly jumps and disappears. He will then reappear with a golden shield which you must destroy. If you fail this mechanic, you will die instantly, and if you succeed then the Golden Pig King will become stunned for a short period of time.
- Golden Pig King has 2 different “states”: default state and enraged state
- At the start of the fight, the default state is active for the first 30 seconds.
- Then enraged state begins, increasing AP, Attack Speed, and decreasing defense. The enraged state is active for 50 seconds.
- If the boss reaches a certain HP after 50 seconds, he will stumble and be stunned for a couple of seconds.
- If you don’t reach the correct HP after 50 seconds, you will fail and the Golden Pig King will use an attack
- Golden Pig King then goes back into the default state again for the next 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, the enraged state begins again, and you must repeat the process.
- Once Golden Pig King reaches 30% HP, he uses the final attack and will go into the enraged state for the final time, staying enraged until the end of the fight.
Oduksini is a flying boss that attacks the player from above and sends his minions to attack. The aim is to destroy all of the purple flames so that Oduksini will stop flying, and receive a defence reduction debuff. Oduksini has simple mechanics but is considered to be one of the more difficult bosses since he only has 2 different phases where the player can deal damage. Each phase only has 35 seconds for you to deal 50% damage to the boss.
- Start attacking the flames above the pits around the boss room. Waves of monsters will come to attack you, but focus on the flames.
- You will have 4 minutes to destroy the flames around the boss room.
- Oduksini will start attacking you while he is flying above. Avoid the purple attack areas.
- After 4 minutes or 30 seconds, after all the flames are destroyed, Oduksini will land in the boss room and can be attacked.
- If you successfully destroyed all of the flames, the boss will receive a defense debuff.
- There is now a 35-second window to deal damage. Use this time to deal back attacks to the boss, and watch out for purple attack areas.
- If the boss doesn’t reach 50% HP within the 35-second window, then a one-shot attack will happen, which you can evade using Emergency Escape (V) if you time it carefully.
- At level 6 or higher, 2 elite monsters will be summoned, and you must kill them first to deactivate the shield around the purple flames.
- Once the elites are defeated, you will receive an AP buff and the shield around the purple flames will disappear.
- The protective shield reactivates every 50 seconds, so if it takes you 30 seconds to kill the elites, you will only deactivate the shield for 20 seconds.
- Kill the elites each time to deactivate the shield, then use the time to destroy the flames.
- You have 5 minutes to destroy all of the flames.
- Once all of the flames are destroyed, or 5 minutes have passed, Oduksini will land again after 30 seconds like in Phase 1.
- If you successfully destroyed all of the flames, the boss will have a defense debuff.
- You now have another 35-second window to kill Oduksini and finish the boss fight.
- Try to fight Changui always in the center of the map because he has an attack where he hits the ground and that will put AOE around the edge of the room.
- When Apex Changui reaches 80% HP, he will summon 4 monsters called “Gulgak” in an X shape.
- The Gulgak monsters spawn monsters called “Yiol”, which run toward the player and will self-destruct to damage you. Use an I-frame to dodge the attacks, since they deal a lot of damage.
- Killing the 4 Gulgak monsters will stop the self-destruct monsters from being summoned.
- Watch for the boss and the self-destruct monsters as you focus down the Gulgaks, and go between the different ones to avoid attacks.
- Be careful not to do too much damage to Changui before killing the Gulgak monsters, because if you push him into the next phase it will be more and more difficult.
- Message: “I’ll throw you into Sangoon’s hungry maw!”
- At 60% HP, a notification will appear and Changui will start charging. If you hit him at the front then he will have a block and higher defense, so hit the back of Changui to stop him from charging.
- Message: “Hehehe… Sangoon will have a feast today!”
- Immediately after you have destroyed the block, Changui shouts and puts his hands in the air. He will start charging an ability for 10 seconds.
- You must use skills with 5 hits or more to put 4 CCs into the back of him and knock him down.
- Eg. you can use a Knockdown > Stiffness > Stiffness > Stiffness > Stun
- If you don’t do this correctly, he will do a one-shot ability. You can time your Emergency Escape (V) or an I-frame to avoid this attack.
- At 40% HP, a notification will appear and Changui will become invincible for 15 seconds. The room will start to fill with fire, after 50 seconds, 25% of the room is filled with fire, so you now only have 200 seconds to finish the boss from this point onward.
- At 20% HP, 3 elite monsters are summoned (or 4 elites if level 6+). You must kill all of the elites in the next 50 seconds otherwise a one-shot ability is used and the entire boss room will be filled with fire. If you are successful, a notification will appear, and Changui will do an AOE skill, so use forward guard or an i-frame. After the AOE, Changui can be defeated easily, just watch out for the fire on the floor.
Bari continuously teleports between 4 different locations throughout the fight. This can be annoying to deal with and you have to manage your movement and stamina. Other than that, Bari is considered one of the easier bosses and is not too difficult as long as you are careful and avoid or block the attacks with your PVE i-frame. The only mechanic you really have to watch out for is the one with the Dangsan Tree.
- Basic Attack
- Bari has 5 red orbs that appear behind Bari and will chase the player, but they do minimal damage but can quickly add up if lots hit you at once.
- She also summons different bosses and Ghosts into the boss room, the ghosts can be killed and are not hard to kill, but if they get close enough, they will self-destruct to inflict damage and a stiffness CC. The more ghosts that are summoned, the more damage they deal, so it is best to attack them a little when Bari teleports and you are moving to the new location.
- Message: “Yes! Here he comes! The great god general is here!”
- When Bari teleports, a golden knight boss appears above her for a second. The golden knight will attempt to damage you and will stiffen you if you are hit by the attack.
- Use a forward guard or i-frame to dodge the attack.
- Message: “There will be no place in this forest where my curse will not reach!”
- Bari uses 3 AOE explosions around her which you can block using a front guard or I-frame. The attack will knock you down if you are hit by it.
- Move towards the Tree in the middle of the room, and attack the Dangsan Tree to 85% HP. This will stun Bari for a while so she can be easily attacked.
- Message: “Insolent fools, face the thunderous rage of Duoksini!”
- She will summon 2 Duoksini bosses at her location, these will cast a large AOE before disappearing again. The AOE deals lots of damage and can one-shot you if you are not careful.
- Message: “Hey, wanna play tag? But- you’re- “it”! Hehehe!”
- When Bari is 50% or 20% HP, she summons Gumiho and the Gumiho boss will do a screaming attack. The attack deals approximately 50% of your HP and can kill you if it hits you in the back.
- Message: “How pathetic. You’ll soon be torn apart by my teeth”
- Sangoon is summoned and will do a roar attack in the area. If you are hit by the roar, you will receive a debuff which slows your attack speed and increases skill cooldowns.
Level 6 & 7 only:
- When Bari reaches under 80% HP, a message will appear saying “General God, protect the Dansan Tree!”.
- The Golden Knight will be in the center of the boss room, and the knight will use ranged attacks every 10 seconds that deal lots of damage.
- When Bari reaches under 50% HP, she will start summoning 3 clones of herself. If you hit the wrong clone, projectiles will fly towards you from different locations.
Songakshi is considered one of the more annoying bosses since she has a lot of one-shot abilities. She also has a time limit of 12 minutes, and if you don’t defeat her within that time you will be instantly killed. Songakshi has lots of quick animations and skills, so be careful with classes that have channeling or slow attacks.
Attack Patterns and Mechanics:
- Basic Attack
- The boss will throw a projectile in front of her in a straight line.
Double Swipe Attack
Songakshi swipes twice in front of her.
While laughing, Songakshi does a basic attack where she throws a magic projectile in front of her. The attack is stronger than the basic attack and can one shot at level 5 or above if it hits you in the back.
Laughing and summoning Clones
- Songakshi disappears and then reappears for a second, summoning clones all around.
While summoning the clones, it is better to stay still and prepare, as the boss will attack shortly afterward with a one-shot ability that will reduce your forward guard to 0. Standing near the edge of the map will ensure that Songakshi doesn’t appear behind you.
After teleporting, Songakshi will stand still and laugh on the spot. You must quickly find Songashi and use a skill with a Stiffness or Stun CC. If done correctly, this will stun the boss for approximately 3 seconds, but if you fail this mechanic 3 times, she will use a one-shot ability.
Message: “How dare you try to trick me with that ugly face?”
When Songakshi reaches 70-75% HP she will teleport and when she reappears, a large circle AOE attack will appear in front of her with thorns around the side. This skill deals enough damage to one-shot, and if it doesn’t, will leave you debuffed.
Message: “Where are you, my love? You didn’t just leave and abandon me, did you?”
When Songashi is under 50% HP, some areas of the room will become darker and you have to quickly move to the area that is not dark as this is the safe area. Shortly after the message, a whirlwind attack will take place in the entire dark area.
- This attack pattern will take place approximately every 50 seconds afterward.
AOE Circle Attack
- Songakshi screams and a large AOE circle appears all around her. As she screams, she damages in the area. You can block this skill with a frontal guard, but if you get hit by it you will be knocked down.
Level 6 & 7 only:
- Approximately 2 minutes and 40 seconds into the boss fight, a message will appear saying “Hehehe… Mr. West… How could you not forget me…?”
- Songakshi will summon several clones in the center of the boss room.
- You must hit the correct clone, hitting the wrong clone will result in all of the clones doing a large AOE attack at once which will one-shot
- The real Songakshi will have tears of blood dripping down the front of her dress.
Bamboo Legion Lieutenant
Bamboo Legion Lieutenant is considered the easiest of all of the bosses, so is perfect if you want an easy boss to complete, but not recommended if you want to grind for a higher leaderboard rank since there will be more competition
- There are different groups of the Bamboo Army in different locations around the boss room.
- In each of the 3 groups, there is an elite monster that must be defeated before the Boss can be summoned.
- The elite monster is weakened by defeating the “sub-captain” monsters in their group. These are monsters with a white title above their head.
- Make sure you do not go outside the map area (into the dark fog), since this will reset the HP of whatever group you are fighting.
- The map below shows the boss room layout and the path you should take to defeat the boss.
- You can kill the elites in any order, but the fastest route is: Archers > Swordsman > Spearman > Boss
- The mini-map below has been rotated 180 degrees so it is easier to see which direction to go from the spawn point
- Bamboo Scouts:
- The scouts are normal monsters that can be found in all areas of the boss room and are not difficult to defeat. They are very weak but don’t underestimate their damage if multiple hit you at once. You don’t need to kill them for the mechanics.
- Elite: Bamboo Archer
- The archer has a “sub-captain” which is a lower-level monster. When you kill the sub-captain, the Archer gets a defense debuff, making it much easier to kill.
- When the archer is attacked, it runs away in the opposite direction.
- Elite: Bamboo Swordsman
- The swordsman will summon weaker “sup-captain” bamboo scouts to charge in toward you. The scouts have a purple aura around them and once you have killed them all, the elite will get a defense debuff.
- The swordsman constantly does a cone-shaped attack which can deal quite a bit of damage if you get caught in it.
- Elite: Bamboo Spearman
- The spearman has the same mechanic as the swordsman, where he will summon bamboo scouts to charge at you. After killing the “sub-captain” scouts, the elite will get a defense debuff.
- The spearman has no other mechanics to look out for but has 3 archers that deal damage from range and can hurt a lot if they hit you with back attacks.
- Boss: Bamboo Legion Lieutenant
- When the boss is summoned, the 3 elites are also summoned with him. Killing all 3 of the elites will give the boss a DP debuff for 10 seconds.
- All of the Lietenant’s basic attacks are in a cone shape and will knock down if you are hit by them. There is also follow-up damage from the archers.
- When the boss has a purple aura effect around him, use a skill with CC to reduce his defenses and stun the boss for a short amount of time.
- There are also 3 shining blue towers around the boss area for the final boss, you can hit these to destroy them and that will stop the Lieutenant from being able to gather reinforcements.
Sangoon is a mid-difficulty boss, and not too complicated once you learn the basic mechanics. He has a lot of skills to dodge, but the mechanics themselves are not difficult and you just need to be patient and get back attacks when it is safe.
Attack Patterns and Mechanics:
- Start of Boss Fight
- Immediately after the boss fight begins, Sangoon uses a ranged roar. The skill has a stiffness CC and deals a lot of damage (taking you to 30% HP). The skill doesn’t leave you any time to react, but you can dodge it using your Emergency Escape (V) if you like. Wait until Sangoon disappears and goes into the air to use your V. However, it is not too hard to recover after as long as you don’t get hit by his melee attacks, so it is not recommended to waste your V unless you really struggle with Sangoon.
- Message: “You feel a chill down your spine”
- Sangoon walks backward and disappears for a second. He then reappears nearby and will glow yellow before he attacks. If you manage to hit him first with a Stiffness/Stun/Float CC, he will become stunned for a short period of time, allowing you to do free back attacks and will lose his DP buff.
- If you do not hit him with a Stiffness/Stun/Float, his attack will do a lot of damage and he will keep a DP buff.
- Back Jump and Bite Attack
- When Sangoon jumps backward, he can either do an AOE attack in front of him with a large red circle on the floor, OR he will do a bite attack where he will pounce towards you. If you don’t see the red circle, prepare to i-frame the bite attack. If Sangoon does the bite attack, you can get a lot of back attacks on him immediately afterward. With enough practise, you can stand a certain distance from Sangoon to always force the bite attack for easy back attacks and a faster clear speed.
Message: “How pathetic. You’ll soon be torn apart by my teeth.”
When Sangoon is at 80% HP or lower, he uses 2 knockdown CC effects.
- When Sangoon is at 70% HP, he will disappear for a second and reappear shortly afterward. He will always reappear with his back facing the sunlight (outside the cave), so you can predict where he will be.
- A red AOE circle will appear on the floor and only the middle part of the circle is safe. The attack deals a lot of damage so even if you block it with a forward guard, you are likely to receive damage and a knockback. I advise trying to time an I-frame and use the attack animation to get a good amount of back attacks.
Message: “I shall kill all who walk on two feet.”
- When Sangoon reaches 50% HP, rocks will fall into the room so it’s best to fight Sangoon near the edge of the boss room. Once the rocks have fallen, Sangoon will disappear and do 2 different one-shot abilities in a row.
- You can hide behind the rocks around the room to avoid the attack, the attack will come from the center of the room, so stand behind the rock, looking into the center of the boss room. Use an I-frame as well if possible to be safe. If you are stood behind the rock, you will get a DP buff on your buff bar.
Message: “If you want to get out of this palace, you will have to die!”
When Sangoon reaches 35% HP, falling rocks will start to drop around the outside of the boss room. Fight only in the center of the boss room from now on. Red circles that appear in the middle are rocks that are going to fall in the center, make sure to use an I-frame to dodge these because they deal a lot of damage.
Message: “I am the ruler of the Tiger Palace of Taebaek, Sangoon!”
- When Sangoon reaches 15-20% HP, he will move to the center of the boss room and start charging skills. During this time he will use a lot of large AOE attacks in different shapes. There is enough time to dodge so make sure to avoid the attacks and deal damage only while safe. At this point, you have around 40 – 50 seconds to defeat Sangoon.
Gumiho is considered the hardest of all of the bosses, with complicated mechanics and a total of 5 different phases. There are one-shot wipe mechanics and abilities throughout the fight. You also need to use active items for some of the mechanics. These active items are the green, blue, and red Gourds you receive when completing the Gumiho story quests.
If you throw away or lose the Gourds, you can obtain new ones from the Seungsan NPC near Yeowoo Pass.
Gumiho teleports or stomps forward then does a breath attack from her mouth in a cone shape in front of her. Move behind Gumiho and deal back attacks. Don’t try to block the attack and be careful using an I-frame to avoid the attack because the breath attack has a long animation.
- Whirlwind Attack
- Gumiho creates a whirlwind attack in a circle all around her. The skill has a knockback CC if you are hit by it. Use skills with forward guards or move away from Gumiho during the attack.
- Fire Attack or Blue Flames
- Gumiho raises her tails and summons fire attacks that shoot from her tails.
- When the fire lands, it appears as a flame in the boss room and will explode. The explosion does a lot of damage, so be careful of this attack.
- Gumiho can also summon floating blue flames at any time that will explode when they touch the floor, so don’t stand near them.
- The fire attack itself does quite a lot of damage if you are close to her tail, so ranged classes can move to a further distance and keep dealing back attacks more safely. You can also use skills with forward guard to safely deal back attacks during the attack.
- Gumiho Clones
- Gumiho disappears and then reappears shortly after with 2 clones.
- You must hit the real Gumiho and the 2 clones will disappear.
- The real Gumiho is the one with a red and green necklace.
- Gumiho Clones
- There is a second attack where Gumiho disappears and then reappears floating in the air with a clone
- The fake clone is the one without a necklace.
- The real Gumiho will do an AOE attack, but standing under the fake clone is a safe area.
- Blue Shield
- Gumiho jumps backward and then shortly after puts her tails over her body and generates a shield.
- Go to the back of Gumiho and do back attacks to deal damage her.
- During the shield, you need to break the shield using a Stun/Knockdown CC to stagger Gumiho for a short amount of time. If you don’t break the shield then she will heal some HP at the end of the shield.
- The whole animation is quite long with no attack so its a great chance to deal lots of damage. You can wait a couple of seconds to deal free damage before using the CC to break the shield.
- Phase 1 has no special mechanics, but Gumiho will use all of her basic attack patterns.
- When Gumiho reaches 60% HP, phase 2 starts.
- Pay attention to the necklace around the Gumiho, it will glow either red or green before the boss disappears.
- The boss then splits into 2 Gumihos, one wearing a green necklace and the other with a red necklace. You must kill the boss with the same color necklace as the glowing effect at the start of the phase.
- The divided bosses have less HP so you can kill them quickly, but their AP is still the same so be careful of their attacks. Both of the Gumihos will do the attack patterns at random.
- Even though you only need to kill the correct Gumiho, you can still stun them after they take a certain amount of damage (at 50% and 20% HP), so it is worth hitting both with AOE if you can, just make sure you only kill the correct Gumiho.
- In difficulty levels 1 – 4, you can also use the Green Gourd item while next to the fake boss while it is staggered, and it will be wrapped in thorns (stunning the fake Gumiho for 40 – 50 seconds). If you use the Green Vial on the wrong boss, nothing will happen.
- As soon as the correct Gumiho dies in phase 2, phase 3 will begin.
- During phase 3, the boss room will slowly start filling with blue fire, which is deadly to stand in.
- You can use the Blue Gourd up to 2 times to put out an area of the flames.
- Phase 4 starts as soon as the Gumiho reaches 30% HP.
- The boss will disappear and will summon baby Gumihos instead. The babies are easy to deal with but don’t underestimate their damage if you are hit by them all at the same time.
- First, 3 baby Gumihos will be summoned, and when you kill the baby Gumiho, a flame will be created at the location.
- Use the Red Gourd to put out all 3 of the flames. The Red Gourd has a low coldown so you can use it as needed when a baby Gumiho dies.
- Next, 6 baby Gumihos will be summoned, repeat the process until all the baby Gumihos are dead and all 6 flames are put out.
- Finally, 9 baby Gumihos will be summoned. This is the last part of the phase and once all 9 baby Gumihos are dead and all 9 flames are put out, the real Gumiho will reappear and you will move into phase 5.
- Just like in Phase 1, this phase has no special mechanic and now you just need to concentrate on the attack patterns.
- Be careful at this stage and don’t try to rush since you are close to the end!
Duoksini is the most difficult boss (alongside Gumiho) because you need to know and follow the mechanics to defeat the boss. You will need to be able to swap targets as needed and be flexible but pay attention to timing for the blue fire attacks at the same time. As the fight goes on, the boss becomes more and more difficult due to the room becoming filled with blue fire. There is also a time limit of 12 minutes for this boss, and if you reach the time limit, a one-shot ability will be used. It is recommended not to use slower classes and be careful with animation locks since there are a lot of skills to dodge and you won’t be able to get a full combo onto the boss before the next mechanic.
Attack Patterns and Mechanics:
- Duoksini’s basic attack is to attack with his fist first, then swing his bat.
Message: “I, Duoksini the Dokkebi King, will punish you all!”
This attack is at the very start of the fight. Duoksini will start charging an attack that will pull you toward him for 3 seconds, so don’t rush in straight away.
Message: “I will crush and subdue all Mr. Kims!”
- When Duoksini reaches 80% HP or lower, he will start summoning blue spirits and then yellow spirits for the rest of the boss fight.
- The spirits are in the shape of a flame and will move around the boss room.
Message: “Rude Mr. Kims! Take my lightning!”
Blue Spirit: Duoksini charges and then explodes and puts an area of blue fire around him.
The attack itself does a lot of damage so don’t stand in the area. The blue flames will remain for the duration of the fight, they don’t do a lot of damage if you stand in them, but don’t underestimate the damage and make sure he does not summon more than one in the same place. If the blue fire starts to stack it does more damage and will make the fight much harder.
- It is recommended to try and keep the middle of the boss room clear from the blue fire, since in some of the later mechanics, Duoksini can become stunned in the center of the room.
After the attack, 2 blue spirits will also be summoned. Make sure to kill both of the blue spirits straight away so they don’t buff Duoksini.
Yellow Spirit: 1 second after the blue attack, Duoksini slams his bat down onto the floor. The attack will instantly kill you if you are hit by it.
This will summon the 2 yellow souls. Make sure to kill them both straight away so that Duoksini does not recover HP and debuff you.
After killing the yellow spirits, move into another area of the boss room ready for the next attack, so that the blue flames do not stack on top of each other.
- Raises both Arms
- Duoksini raises both of his arms and pulls the player towards him for a second before dealing an explosive attack. This can deal a lot of damage so make sure to I-frame it or block it. Even with a forward guard, you will take damage.
Message: “The auras of the sun and moon will make us stronger!”
- When Duoksini reaches 50% HP, he moves into the center of the boss room and a sun or moon symbol will appear above Duoksini’s head.
- If the symbol is red then it is the sun symbol, and if the symbol is blue then it is the moon symbol.
- A Dokkebi will spawn on the left and right side of the room, and you must kill the correct Dokkebi depending on the sun/moon symbol. The Dokkebi will have the same symbol around them.
- If you kill the correct Dokkebi, the boss will become stunned for a short period of time.
- Message: “Soldiers! Punish the Mr. Kims!”
- If you use a Stun CC as soon as the message appears, Duoksini will be stunned for a short amount of time.
Message: “Do not underestimate the power of kkebifire!”
- When Duoksini reaches 20 – 25% HP, he moves into the middle of the boss room and drinks from a bottle to start healing himself.
- 3 Dokkebi Wizards will be spawned in the room. You need to kill the correct Dokkebi, which is the one with the one that has a blue energy-gathering effect (blue lights go into the flame above his staff).
- If you kill the correct Dokkebi, then the boss will be stunned for a short period of time.
Unlike other bosses, Imoogi cannot be attacked directly, so you have to understand the mechanics and clear each phase accurately to defeat him.
Imoogi has 2 phases, and in phase 2 there are 4 smaller phases/mechanics.
Attack Patterns and Mechanics:
- Message: “Dark clouds vell the sun and moon.”
- A rain cloud is created in the boss room. When you touch the rain cloud, a whirlwind attack is created shortly after at your current location which will damage you if you stand in it.
- This mechanic is not used in Phase 1, so stay away from the rain cloud at the start to avoid the damage.
- At the start of phase 1, focus on the stone lantern in the center of the boss room.
- Message: “The stone lantern is absorbing the energy of the altar”
- This message appears when you deal a certain amount of damage to the stone lantern.
- You then have 40 seconds to attack Imoogi at the side of the platform. Imoogi will be debuffed during this time.
- After 40 seconds, Imoogi will become invincible again and you must attack the stone lantern again to repeat the mechanic.
- Phase 1 ends when Imoogi reaches 0% HP, and then a cutscene starts before you enter Phase 2.
- In phase 2, you must complete the different mechanics for the Earth Aura, Moon Aura, and Sun Aura
- Once you have completed one of the auras, the aura symbol will float around the Stone lantern in the middle of the platform.
- Earth Aura:
- Stand in the rain clouds when they spawn, then move so that you are standing near the Stone lantern to spawn the whirlwind attack on top of it.
- Green orbs with lightning underneath them will appear, but there will be one orb that doesn’t have the 4 lightning effects underneath.
- Destroy all of the green orbs with the lightning effect and then wait for the “mysterious energy” message to appear.
- Now you can destroy the final green orb and will obtain a message to say that the mechanic is completed.
- Imoogi can now be attacked for the next 40 seconds.
- Moon Aura:
- Stand in the rain clouds when they spawn, then move so that you are standing near the Stone lantern to spawn the whirlwind attack on top of it.
- 2 Moon shaped Orbs will be created with an electric effect underneath, and 1 Moon Orb will not have the electric effect.
- The mechanic is similar to the Earth Aura, but you must you destroy 1 of the orbs without the lightning effect, then 1 orb with the electric effect.
- This will spawn a whirlwind and you must stand in the red whirlwind until the “mysterious energy” message appears.
- Imoogi can now be attacked for the next 40 seconds.
- Sun Aura:
- Sun Orbs with a lightning effect will appear around the edges of the platform.
- You must defeat all of the sun orbs that have water splashing behind them.
- After defeating all of the correct sun orbs, destroy the sun orb in the middle that doesn’t have the electrical effect.
- The “mysterious energy” message will now appear and Imoogi can be attacked for the next 40 seconds.
- Once all 3 auras have been defeated, you will go into the last part of the phase.
- Check the stone lantern in the middle of the platform and look at the symbols floating around it. There should be a symbol for the Earth Aura, Moon Aura, and Sun Aura.
- However, one of the symbols will be missing, and you must destroy the orb that is the same aura as the one which is missing.
- After destroying the final orb, you will get the “mysterious energy” message and will be able to attack Imoogi for 40 seconds. This last part of the phase is repeated until Imoogi dies.
Rewards and Boss Kill Leaderboard
First Clear (Adventure Log) Rewards
The first time you complete a boss at each difficulty level, you can obtain a reward bundle from the new “Boss Storybook: Land of the Morning Light“.
When completing all bosses at each difficulty level, you also gain family-wide permanent stats. Below is a list of all the rewards you will get once completing Books 1 – 7:
- All Accuracy +20
- Max HP +12
- Max Stamina +12
- Weight Limit Increase +10LT
Weekly Leaderboard Rewards
When you successfully defeat a boss, your kill time is recorded in a leaderboard against other players. The Black Shrine rankings are applied to each class separately, and not to your entire family, and also only compare with characters that are the same class. For example, if you complete a boss on a Warrior class, your ranking will be compared with other Warriors only.
Since the boss weekly limit is not consumed if you challenge the same boss and same level, you can challenge yourself to improve your kill time freely, and the boss ranking leaderboard will update your best kill time.
The leaderboard updates every day at daily reset (00:00 UTC) and you can view it by selecting the “Boss Blitz Ranking” button. You can also view your own clear times seperately under “Boss Blitz History”
Each week on Sunday at 00:00 UTC the leaderboard is finalized and rewards are sent to players on Sunday around 00:10 UTC.
Rewards are given to all players who successfully completed the boss. However, there are different tiers for the rewards, and the reward you obtain is based on your kill speed and ranking.
- You must claim your reward box from the “Boss Blitz Reward” button before the following Sunday at 00:00, otherwise, the reward will be forfeited.
|Example Boss completion reward (e.g. Golden Pig King)
Right-click to acquire all of the items below.
The items below can be obtained additionally according to the specified probability.
The Deboreka Earring can also be obtained up to DUO (II) from the weekly Boss Blitz reward for levels Calamity 6-7.
- However, it cannot be obtained as a reward from the Boss Blitz rewards obtained through the Adventure Log.
|Obtainable Item||How to Obtain|
Deboreka Earring up to DUO (II) enhancement level
|Weekly Boss Blitz reward for Calamity 6-7 of the Black Shrine|
Blessings of the Morning Buff
Blessings of the Morning is a buff that is applied to all players on the channel and lasts for 180 minutes.
The Blessings of the Morning buff is applied when a player defeats a Black Shrine boss on the hardest Calamity level (level 7).
When a boss is defeated again on a channel where the buff is already active, the duration of the buff is refreshed to 180 min.
There are 3 different buffs and each gives a different stat bonus depending on what the aura of the defeated boss is.
- For example: if a player defeats the Calamity level 7 Golden Pig King boss on the Balenos 3 channel, they will obtain the Sun Aura buff and all players on Balenos 3 will also recieve the buff, which is an AP +1 buff.
|Defeated Boss||Blessings of the Morning|
|Golden Pig King, Apex Changui, Oduksini||Blessing of the Warm Sun||AP +1|
|Mudang Wraith, Songakshi, Bamboo Legion Lieutenant||Blessing of the Soft Moon||DP +1|
|Gumiho, Duoksini, Sangoon, Imoogi||Blessing of the Thriving Earth||Item Drop Rate +20%|