Energy is a resource that refills over time and can be used for various activities in the game. You can see your current and maximum energy in the top left, above your HP bar.
Your maximum Energy is shared across all characters, but your current energy is separate per character. This makes having multiple alt characters really worthwhile.
Increasing Max Energy
The current Maximum Energy you can obtain at the time of writing (14th May 2023), is 657 Max Energy. However, this includes Titles and Great Marni Stones, so the more realistic cap is 654.
With the addition of the Land of the Morning Light region, the new Max Energy will be 673 (more realistic cap is 669/671).
You can increase your Maximum Energy by obtaining Knowledge in the Black Desert World and completing different Knowledge sub-categories. Not all knowledge sub-categories will increase your Max energy, you can see the amount of Energy a category will reward you in your Knowledge Window (H).
- For example: in the image below you can see that the “Velia Farm People” category has the numbers 2/2
- This means the category rewards a total of 2 Maximum Energy, and I have obtained 2 Maximum Energy by completing the category.
The easiest Categories to start collecting as a new player, are the Character, Ecology, and Topology categories.
I recommend using the Knowledge Tracker Tool by BDOlytics to help you collect knowledge and gain energy.
You can also read from a Bookshelf on an alt character to obtain 1 random piece of knowledge each hour.
Collecting Titles also permanently increases your Max Energy on all your characters.
|Number of Titles||Bonus Effects|
|Luck||Маximum Energy||Experience %||Maximum Stamina|
Other ways to increase your Max Energy
There are various activities in Black Desert that consume Energy.
The 5 most common uses of Energy are:
- Lifeskills: The Gathering, Hunting, and Farming life skills require energy to collect their materials.
- Nodes: You can invest Energy into nodes to increase the node level. Depending on the node level, this gives you an Item Drop Rate increase buff. You can also spend Energy to connect nodes remotely if you have an active Value Pack.
- Amity: Building amity with an NPC requires Energy, regardless of whether you’re doing an amity minigame or greeting them.
- Buffs: You can use Energy to obtain a Combat or Skill EXP buff from your Black Spirit, costing 100 energy for 1 hour.
- Workers: Viewing workers at a Work Supervisor NPC costs 5 Energy each time and is required for hiring new workers.
Converting Energy into Energy Potions
You can also convert your spare Energy into an Energy Potion at certain NPCs.
|Purajin (Material Vendor)||Valencia|
|Alustin||Port Epheria (North West of Calpheon)|
|Alustin||Alejandro Farm (West of Heidel)|
These Energy Potions can be sold on the Central Market for passive income or used by another of your characters.
All energy potions have a shared 10-minute cooldown. The Extra Large potion is the best to create since it has the best ratio of cost to value.
Every time your characters are at their maximum energy, they are effectively wasting silver. Exchange your energy with Alustin for passive income.
All your characters passively recover energy over time:
- Logged in characters recovery 1 Energy every 3 minutes
- Logged-out characters recover 1 Energy per hour
You can use Energy Regen buffs to increase your Energy Recovery when you are logged in. For example, you can sleep in a bed in your residence to gain 2 Energy every 3 minutes instead.
There are also some buffs that give you instant Energy Recovery.
Below is a list of all buffs which give energy or energy regen: