In October 2021, a new enhancing method was added to help new players get a full set of PEN boss armor and weapons. The new enhancing method is meant to be cheaper than trying to enhance or buy the gear, and is also guaranteed to enhance the item.
Important things you should know before you start:
- Shai “Sol” weapons cannot be enhanced
- The PEN boss gear cannot be sold on the market
- The PEN boss gear can be turned into Fallen God Armor
- You will need to have a character that is level 60+
- You will already need TET boss gear or PEN Tuvala gear
- You can make one full set of gear (3 weapons + 4 armors = 7 items total)
- This method takes time and preperation, it requires a lot of materials. Start preparing as soon as possible.
- The 1st boss weapon you make will be cheaper than the 3rd weapon you make, because you will need more materials for your 2nd and 3rd weapons.
- The 1st boss armor you make will be cheaper than the 4th armor you make, because you will need more materials for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th armor.
- Double check the cost of the materials vs buying a PEN. In some cases, PEN gear has dropped dramatically in price and may work out cheaper to just buy from the market.
- Click here to check out this tracker on Google Sheets and find out if it is worth making or buying, and to help you to track your materials
The guaranteed PEN path is one that will take some time but may be worth it for you in the end, even for some veteran players.
If you have any questions or get confused about anything in this guide, feel free to join our Discord. You can also reach us by email, Facebook or Twitter (check the About Us page) for contact details. I would genuinely welcome any and all feedback if something can be explained better since I know there is a lot of information to digest.
How to get started
What you will need
To get started, you will need one of the following:
- PEN Tuvala Gear – obtained from Season servers (recommended)
- TET Boss Gear you have exchanged from a previous season
- TET Boss Gear bought or enhanced yourself
Exchanging your Gear
Take the item to NPC Jetina. You now have to exchange this gear for a special upgradable boss gear. This new boss gear cannot be sold on the central market.
- Step 1: Talk to your Black Spirit and complete the quest “[PEN (V) Boss Gear: The Old Moon Guild’s Best Deal]” with a character that’s Lv. 60 or higher
- Step 2: Talk to Jetina and obtain the quests to exchange your gear. Eg. “Old Moon’s Resplendent [Weapon/Armor]: [Boss Name]”
- Shai “Sol” Talent weapons cannot be enchanged or upgraded using the guaranteed PEN method at this time
- Step 3: Make sure to remove any crystals and caphras in the gear or you will not be able to exchange it. Hand over the gear to Jetina using the “chat” option.
- Step 4: Complete the quest by talking to Jetina. Make sure you collect the correct boss gear you want from her.
- Boss weapons will be given to you in a box which you can open on the character you want to use the weapon on.
Enhancing the Gear
Now that you have the upgradable boss gear, you will need “Reform Stones” to enhance it and will need to craft these. A full breakdown of all the materials you need to craft them is in the next sections.
There are 5 levels you need to enhance and as you upgrade to each level, you will gain small stat increases.
NPC Jetina Location
Jetina can be found in all cities in the following locations:
Weapon Boss Gear Materials
Below is a complete breakdown of all the materials needed to enhance a TET Weapon to PEN with a guaranteed chance, and explainations of how to obtain each item.
The weapons you can enhance are:
- Kzarka Weapons
- Dandelion Weapons
- Ofin Tet Weapons
- Nouver Weapons
- Kutum Weapons
The breakdown below shows Kzarka weapons as an example and uses Kzarka Boss Auras. You will need to use the correct boss auras for the item you are enhancing, but all the quantities are the same.
Eg. Use Karanda’s Latent Auras for Dandelion Weapons
Open the Processing Window (press L) then use “Heating” to create the Reform stones using the following materials: