The Dark Rift is a new PVE experience for players who have completed the prerequisite quests. This quest is the “[Awakening Complete] Memories of the Past” quest, which is available once you have completed the awakening for your class.
Monsters will randomly appear in certain areas and can be defeated for various rewards. You will get a notification from your Black Spirit once a Dark Rift monster has spawned. This is shown in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Dark Rift monsters can only be seen and defeated by you. Your party members and any other players cannot see the monster. They have various levels of difficulty but you do not get death penalties when you die to them.
You can click the button next to the monsters name to get the location on your map.
The monsters do not disapear randomly and will not go away until you have defeated them. You will also not get another Dark Rift monster until you have defeated the current one. These monsters also cannot be attacked during a Conquest/Node War, so you will need to move to a different server to engage in combat with them during this time.
Once you have defeated a monster from the Dark Rift, you can collect the rewards. You can earn various rewards, such as blackstones and memory fragments. Depending on the difficulty of the monster, you may earn a special loot box called the Box of the Silent/Distorted/Desperate Dead. Below shows what these boxes can contain (click to enlarge image)
In addition, they can also drop Dark Spirit’s Greed.
Dark Spirit’s Greed can be exchanged for varius items from the following NPCS:
- Cliff – Western Guard Camp
- Cruhorn Wyrmsbane – Heidel
- Valks – Calpheon
- Sarma Anin – Altinova
- Barhan Nesser – Valencia
- Hazel Azealia – Grana
Here is a list of items the Dark Spirit’s Greed can be exchanged for:
- Black Spirit’s Greed x2 = Kzarka’s Latent Aura x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x2 = Nouver’s Latent Aura x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x2 = Kutum’s Latent Aura x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x3 = Karanda’s Latent Aura x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x10 = Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x15 = Supreme Cooking Utensil x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x15 = Supreme Alchemy Tool x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x20 = Advice of Valks(+20) x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x30 = Magic Crystal of Infinity – Experience x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x40 = Krogdalo’s Origin Stone x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x50 = Advice of Valks(+35) x1
- Black Spirit’s Greed x100 = Advice of Valks(+50) x1