Awakened horses (tier 9) are not available from breeding and take a lot of time and effort to achieve. There are 3 types of awakened horses.
Pegasus and Unicorn (Dineh) are currently only available in Korea. Hell Horse is not yet available.
- Pegasus – This awakened horse is a winged horse which uses their large wings to safely drop from high places. They do not “fly”, but can jump off cliffs and safely glide downwards at high speeds.
- Unicorn (Dineh) – This awakened horse is a friendly mount which can buff targets to give them higher DP/Evasion and can also heal them. The unicorn is a supportive mount which can prove useful in battle.
- Hell Horse – This awakened horse is not as fast as the other awakened horses, but has more powerful attacks and stronger horse skills. They use fire and explosions to destroy their enemies in battle.
Training your horse
You will need a level 30 Tier 8 horse with the following skills:
- Instant Acceleration
- Side Step
- S: Instant Acceleration
- S: Side Step
Put the horse in the stable at Stonetail Horse Ranch. Make sure it doesn’t have any gear equipped or items in the inventory. The option “Training” will be available at the bottom.
The training window will open. Here you can train your horse in 3 different areas: Skill Training, Elegance Training and Physical Training. You must consume certain materials to train the horse in the different types of training. Each time you use 1 material, you increase it’s training exp by 1%. You can get a maximum of 100% exp in each training area. To awaken the horse, you will need a total of 200% training across all training areas.
- 60% exp in Skill Training + 100% exp in Elegance Training + 40% exp in Physical Training = 200% total
- 0% exp in Skill Training + 100% exp in Elegance Training + 100% exp in Physical Training = 200% total
Below is a list of what materials you must consume to level each training area:
- Rainbow Fruit Gem – Exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Delivery] x10
- Stone Tail Fodder – Use simple cooking to mix any farming byproducts (Plant with Rotting Roots, Seed Half Eaten by a Bird, Premature Fruit, Mutant Plant). The ratio needed depends on the materials used.
- Ferocious Beast Neidan – Has a rare chance of being looted when butchering Khalk or Blue Whale.
- Breezy Conch Seaweed – Has a rare chance of being obtained when fishing.
- Pure Forest Breath – Has a rare chance of being looted from monsters in Kamasylvia.
- Deep Blue Hoof Root – Has a rare chance of being obtained when gathering.
You can also obtain one single material, by completing a daily quest at Stonetail Horse Ranch. The quest involves capturing a wild horse.
Awakening the horse
Once your horse has a total of 200% exp or higher in training, it can be awakened.
You will need one final material to awaken the horse:
- Krogdalo’s Origin Stone – Use simple alchemy to combine:
- Swaying Wind Fragment x25 – (exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Training] OR Horse Race Seal x2)
- Rumbling Earth Fragment x25 – (exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Training] x2 OR Horse Race Seal)
If the awakening fails, the training percentage (%) will be reduced back to 0% and you will need to train the horse again. You can also choose to use 100 Cron Stones when awakening. Using Cron Stones will reduce the training percentage to 100% instead if it fails.
If the awakening succeeds, the horse will become a Pegasus OR Unicorn (you cannot choose). The horse will become a T9 with the same name. The horse will go back to level 1 and will have new stats and skills. It’s also important to note that Pegasus cannot breed. The chance of success is 1% so you are very lucky if the awakening succeeds!
The Pegasus starts with 3 skills:
- The weather of the Equestrian
- Double Jump
- Wings of the Wind
- The weather of the Equestrian
- Double Jump
- Earth of Life
The horse can learn any of the skills that a normal horse can learn (except Two Seater skill), as well as special awakened skills. Learning skills works exactly the same as with normal horses and is completely random.
Skills any Awakened horse can obtain:
- The weather of the Equestrian – The horse will automatically regenerate health and stamina whilst parking. This skill is automatically learned and mastered by Pegasus and Unicorn (Dineh).
- Double Jump – The horse can jump a second time whilst in the air (can also be used with high jump). This skill is automatically learned and mastered by Pegasus and Unicorn (Dineh).
- S: Charge – The horse can perform a second charge immediately. This skill can only be learned if the horse has the “Charge” skill.
Pegasus specific skills:
- Wings of the Wind – This skill is used with double jump. The horse will glide and fall damage is reduced by 100% for a period of time. This skill is automatically learned and mastered by Pegasus.
- Wings of Freedom – This skill allows Pegasus to turn whilst gliding.
- Earth of Life – This skill heals a maximum of 10 friendly targets (+200 HP and +100 MP/WP/SP per 3 seconds for 30 seconds in total). This skill is automatically learned and mastered by Unicorn (Dineh).
- Earth of Protection – This skill buffs a maximum of 10 friendly targets (+10 DP and +10 Evasion for 30 seconds).
Skill names may not be 100% correct for EU/NA.