Dream horses (tier 9) are not available from breeding and take a lot of time and effort to achieve. There are 3 types of dream horses.
- Pegasus (Arduanatt)– This dream horse is a winged horse which uses their large wings to safely drop from high places. They do not “fly”, but can jump off cliffs and safely glide downwards at high speeds.
- Unicorn (Diné) – This dream horse is a friendly mount which can buff targets to give them higher DP/Evasion and can also heal them. The unicorn is a supportive mount which can prove useful in battle and is also the only horse that is uneffected by the Valencia Desert slow.
- Doom – This dream horse is not as fast as the other dream horses, but has more powerful attacks and stronger horse skills which scale with your AP. They use fire and explosions to destroy their enemies in battle.
Training your horse
You will need a level 30 Tier 8 horse with the following skills:
- Instant Acceleration
- Side Step
- S: Instant Acceleration
- S: Side Step
This is also known as a Courser horse and it will have a gold horse symbol in the top right corner of it’s icon.
Put the horse in the stable at Stonetail Horse Ranch. Make sure it doesn’t have any gear equipped or items in the inventory. The option “Corser Training” will be available at the bottom.
The training window will open. Here you can train your horse in 3 different areas: Skill Training, Elegance Training and Strength Training. You must consume certain materials to train the horse in the different types of training. Each time you use 1 material, you increase it’s training exp by 1%. You can get a maximum of 100% exp in each training area. To awaken the horse, you will need a total of 200% training across all training areas.
- 60% exp in Skill Training + 100% exp in Elegance Training + 40% exp in Strength Training = 200% total
- 0% exp in Skill Training + 100% exp in Elegance Training + 100% exp in Strength Training = 200% total
Below is a list of what materials you must consume to level each training area:
Skill Training (leveling this will increase the chances of obtaining Pegasus):
- Rainbow Fruit Gem – Exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Delivery] x10
- Stone Tail Fodder – Use simple cooking to mix any farming byproducts (Plant with Rotting Roots, Seed Half Eaten by a Bird, Premature Fruit, Mutant Plant). This is the easiest of the materials to get. Once you reach Artisan 1 in Farming, use Magical Seeds on your farm and breed them to get high amounts of farming byproducts. Check out our farming guide for more information. You can also obtain these by exchanging Perdiot Petal x10, which are a reward from the Narc Magic Sealing Stone bundles.
Elegance Training (leveling this will increase the chances of obtaining Unicorn):
- Ferocious Beast Neidan – Has a rare chance of being looted when butchering Khalk or Blue Whale. You can also obtain these by exchanging Perdiot Petal x10, which are a reward from the Narc Magic Sealing Stone bundles.
- Breezy Conch Seaweed – Has a rare chance of being obtained when fishing. You can also obtain these by exchanging Perdiot Petal x10, which are a reward from the Narc Magic Sealing Stone bundles.
Strength Training (leveling this will increase the chances of obtaining Doom):
- Pure Forest Breath – Has a rare chance of being looted from monsters. You can also combine 2 of any Spirit Stone Fragments x10 (simple cooking). These are collected in the Peridot Leaf daily quests (video) and as a rare drop from monsters in Kamaslyvia.
- Deep Blue Hoof Root – Has a rare chance of being obtained when gathering. You can also exchange Peridot Leaves x7 for Deep Blue Hoof Root. You can collect these by completing the Kamaslyvia daily quests. Check out this video for all the Peridot Leaf daily quests.
You can also obtain one single material, by completing a daily quest at Stonetail Horse Ranch. The quest involves capturing a wild horse.
Awakening the horse
Once your horse has a total of 200% exp or higher in training, it can be awakened.
You will need one final material to awaken the horse:
- Krogdalo’s Origin Stone – Use simple alchemy to combine:
- Swaying Wind Fragment x25 – (exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Training] OR Horse Race Seal x2)
- Rumbling Earth Fragment x25 – (exchange Shiny Golden Seal – [Imperial Training] x2 OR Horse Race Seal)
You can also gain a small amount of Swaying Wind Fragments and Rumbling Earth Fragments from the Peridot Leaf daily quests (video) and can exchange Peridot Leaf x15 for a Swaying Wind Fragment or Rumbling Earth Fragment at Old Wisdom Tree.
If the awakening fails, the training percentage (%) will be reduced back to 0% and you will need to train the horse again. You wil gain +1 Awakening failstack, which increases your chance of succes on your next attempt. You can also choose to use 100 Cron Stones when awakening. Using Cron Stones will reduce the training percentage to 100% instead if it fails.
If the awakening succeeds, the horse will become a Pegasus OR Unicorn (you cannot choose). The horse will become a T9 with the same name. The horse will go back to level 1 and will have new stats and skills. It’s also important to note that T9 horses cannot breed. The chance of success is 1% so you are very lucky if the awakening succeeds!
Dream Horse Skills
The horse can learn any of the skills that a normal horse can learn (except Two Seater skill), as well as special dream horse skills. Learning skills works exactly the same as with normal horses and is completely random.