The Dark Knight is officially being added to the class roster next week (1st March)! Two new pre-registration events are also taking place this week and you can start creating your Dark Knight ready for launch.
Make sure you collect your free character slot in the Loyalty store for 1 Loyalty!
Besides claiming your character slot and taking part in this weeks events, there are other things you can do right now to start preparing for her release, including getting your gear ready.
The Dark Knight will NOT be released with it’s awakening. This will come at a later date and has been confirmed in a Twitter post.
Although the Dark Knight uses a new main weapon (Kriegsmesser), you can get a head start and the weapon is already in the game.
- Collect as many Kzarka’s Latent Aura as you can or if you are lucky enough, save a Kzarka or Liverto weapon box to open next week.
- If you are new to the game and don’t have much money at the moment, you can prepare by stacking up amity points on a Blacksmith and buying the Yuria weapon.
- Check the Night Vendor and Auction House for weapons going on sale.
Dark Knight uses the same secondary weapon as the Berserker class (Ornamental Knot). This means you can buy and start enhancing it now for a headstart on your AP. You should work at getting your secondary weapon to at least +15 and you should also Ultimate the weapon for the extra AP.
There are quite a few different choices you can go with:
- Oros Ornamental Knot – This option has high AP along with evasion and damage reduction item effects. It is a very “safe” option for both PvP and PvE.
- Saiyer Ornamental Knot – This option has high accuracy and DP, along with evasion and damage reduction item effects. It is a good selection, especially for PvP orientated players or if you do not own Bheg gloves.
- Kutum Ornamental Knot – The Kutum Ornamental Knot is obtainable as a rare drop from a world boss. You can collect Kutum’s Latent Aura’s to exchange for the weapon box. This option is one of the best in slot items for Dark Knight and offers a lot of AP and DP, as well as resistances +10%.
- Nouver Ornamental Knot – The Nouver Ornamental Knot is the best in slot item for Dark Knights. I personally think it is better than the Kutum for this class because it gives much higher AP instead of a mixture of AP and DP.
- Other honerable mentions include: Krea Ornamental Knot and Rosar Ornamental Knot.
You should begin working on the armor now because this is another part of your gear that you can transfer over once the Dark Knight is released. There are a few different choices when it comes to armor sets and it really depends on your play style. If you already have enhanced armor sets then this should also help with your decision on which sets to use. You should also Ultimate your armor set and start to put gems in it.
- Full Grunil set
- This is by far the safest option as it works well on all classes. The set offers AP set bonuses and HP +150. It also has a total of 8 crystal slots which makes it very easy to get your critical chance and attack speed to level 5.
- Heve (armor and shoes), Grunil (helmet and gloves)
- This set is also very good for Dark Knight. It offers a lot of HP and also the AP set bonus from Grunil. Heve also has 2 crystal slots on each piece so you will have a total of 8 slots to fill. Another bonus with using more than one set, is that it is a “smoother” transition when you switch to boss armor, as it only breaks one set bonus.
- Rocaba (armor and shoes), Grunil (helmet and gloves)
- The Rocaba set bonus offers HP +75 and MP/WP/SP +75. You also get the AP set bonus from Grunil. Rocaba also has 2 crystal slots on each piece so you will have a total of 8 slots to fill. Another bonus with using more than one set, is that it is a “smoother” transition when you switch to boss armor, as it only breaks one set bonus.
- Boss armor
- Boss armor (Giath’s helmet, Dim Tree Spirit’s armor, Bheg’s gloves, Muskan’s shoes) is the best in slot set for any class. It is obtainable from World Bosses, as well as Night Vendor, daily/weekly scrolls, etc.
Accessories are another part of your gear that you can transfer over but they depend heavily on your budget and what you currently use on your other characters. Blue Coral accessories work really well on Dark Knight, as well as Mark of Shadow rings and Witch’s Earrings for pure AP. Best in slot accessories are the same for most classes and are Ogre Ring, Basilisk’s Belt, Tungrade Earrings, Ring of Crescent Guardian.
There are some Korean videos and skill trees available if you would like to start looking at skills and working out combos. Here is a level 56 pre-awakening Skill Build that uses a total of 597 skill points.
Some materials you may want to stock pile ready for the Dark Knight release:
- EXP food, scrolls and elixirs
- Black Stones
- Sharp/Hard Black Crystal Shards
- Memory Fragments
- Ultimate Reform Stones
You may also want to start fail stacking across your alts so you are ready to enhance your main weapon as soon you have one.
That’s it! Other things you can do include watching videos on the class, researching the Dark Knight, and counting down the seconds until next weeks maintenance. I hope this helps you to prepare for your adventure. Feel free to share your DK creations in the comments or ask questions if you feel I missed anything out!