The Trading Life skill was revamped on 6th April 2023, introducing some much-needed changes to the life skill and completely changing the trading system. Therefore, older guides and methods may not be viable anymore, so please bare this in mind if you are searching for information about Trading. That being said, this guide will go over everything we currently know.
Active trading now revolves around players aiming for profitable sales, and requires you to study the price trends in order to help make decisions about when to buy trade goods, how many to buy, where to store them, and when to sell them.
Major changes in the 6th April update:
- Trade items can now only be bought at designated nodes, and sold in major cities
- Now the price warranty on an item is based on the time of purchase
- The Desert Trading Buff has been removed, and prices of crafted trade items have been adjusted to compensate
- Trade items can be stored in a special “Order Contract Log”
- Trade prices change at a set time (every 4 hours) and fluctuate based on random sales
- A “special fluctuation” can occur in an entire region, changing the prices significantly, and you can find information on the price changes through “rumors” by the NPCs in each region
How and Where to buy Trade Goods
To buy trade goods, you first need to find a Trade Manager NPC and press “R” to talk to them. Then, click the “Trade” option to view the goods they sell.
You can only purchase trade goods from certain Trade Managers in each region. Below is a list of NPCs you can purchase goods from:
|Balenos||Western Guard Camp||Luke|
|Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali|
|Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro|
|Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight|
|Mediah||Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran|
|Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs|
|Kamasylvia||Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen|
|Acher Guard Post||Munanslyn|
|Drieghan||Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer|
|Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter||Pilgrim’s End||Lisae|
- On the left, under the “Quotation Board” you can view purchasable trade items under different categories (eg. Food, Medicine, Clothes, etc), and the number underneath in yellow shows the available stock to purchase.
- All items have a maximum of 50 stock, and this resets every 4 hours, the reset time are 02:00, 06:00, 10:00, 14:00, 18:00, and 22:00 (UTC) every day.
- Underneath the item name, you can see the current price and current price %. Items that are more expensive than their base price are shown in green (eg. 110%), and items that are cheaper than their base price are shown in red (eg. 95%).
- Click the “Take” button and select how many of the item you would like to purchase.
- On the right side, you can see your current cart. This shows what trade items you would like to purchase. You can also see how many spaces and weight they will take up in your “Order Contract”.
- Click the purchase button when you are ready to buy the trade items.
Once you purchase trade goods, the items go into your “Order Contracts” storage. Order Contracts are separate for each Trading NPC, and are used to store the trade goods until you are ready to transport them.
You automatically obtain a one-time fee for storing an item when you purchase the trade goods, and an additional fee is added every 4 hours if the items remain in your Order Contracts. These fees are paid using your Family Silver when you retrieve the items from the Order Contracts storage.
When you purchase any trade item, it will also automatically have a 7-day contract. If the trade items are not removed from the Order Contracts within 7 days, then the goods are spoiled, and can only be sold at 25% of the original purchase price.
To remove the Trade Goods from your Order Contracts, right-click the item and select how many you would like to place into your inventory (or nearby mount).
You can also view your “Order Contracts” at any time, by going to the ESC menu > Life (F6) > Order Contracts. However, in order to remove the items, you still need to go to the specific Trade Manager.
In the Order Contract UI, you can see the current Storage Fee for each item, the original price you paid for the item (in blue), and current selling price (in red). The selling price is the same for all regions, but you gain an extra bonus for travelling further distances to sell the item.
There are 5 ways of transporting trade goods:
- Carrying goods on your back
- This method is very slow and will slow your character’s movement speed.
- The trade pack will go into your inventory and you can delete the item in your inventory to remove it.
- The one benefit of this method is that you train your strength while carrying the goods.
- Using a mount (recommended for crate trading)
- You can place trade goods on a donkey, camel, miniature elephant, or horse.
- Put the trade goods onto your mount by pressing “F2” to put it into your mount’s inventory, or you can put your mount next to the trade manager and you will be asked whether you would like the goods to be put onto the mount.
- You can also “overstack” a horse’s weight to put many trade items on it at once and then have the horse follow you as you run in front.
- This method is the fastest way to transport a large number of trade crates (4000+) but only because the items stack.
- Using a wagon (recommended for active trading)
- This is the best way of transferring a low amount of goods that do not stack in your inventory.
- It can carry a high quantity of goods and has a high weight capacity.
- To put trade goods onto a wagon put the wagon next to the trade manager and you will be asked whether you would like the goods to be put onto the vehicle.
- The best wagon you can use is the Peridot Forest Path Wagon since it is the only wagon that does not have a limited lifespan.
- Using the transport wagon
- This method allows you to put up to 20 trade goods (or up to 30,000 LT) onto an NPC wagon and the goods will be delivered to the town/city warehouse you choose, to sell them later on.
- To put the goods onto an NPC trading wagon, put the goods into your warehouse then click the “Transport” option at the warehouse NPC.
- Click “Send” at the top and then move the item from your warehouse into the transport window then select the town/city and the “Trade Wagon” option from the drop-down boxes.
- Once you are ready, click “Send”. To receive the goods from the delivery, go to the town it was delivered to and go the Warehouse NPC.
- Then click “Transport”, “Status” and “Receive”, you can then sell the goods yourself to the Trade Manager.
- Using the NPC trading wagon does cost silver and can really cut into your profits. It is not advised because of the amount of profit you will lose.
- Using a boat
- You can store trade goods onto a boat by going to the Wharf Manager, and then transport them across the sea.
- If you are purchasing goods from Arehaza, it is best to use a boat and sell them at Altinova.
Along trade routes, there may be bandits that may attack you and they can kill you if you are AFK and get stuck in the road. You cannot attack the bandits and should be able to easily outrun them but watch out if you are AFK or semi-AFK. You can see bandits on your map with this icon. If you are hit by bandits, you lose trade items since they can be destroyed (even if you do not die).
How to Sell and Bargain
All trade items (including Fish, Crafted Items, Ancient Gold Coins, etc.) can only be sold in towns and cities. in addition, you cannot sell purchased trade items in the same region you bought them from.
- For example: if you purchase a trade item from Bartalli Farm (Balenos Region), you cannot sell it in Velia Town (Balenos Region).
- You can still sell other trade items, such as Fish in the same region you obtained them from.
Below is a list of the NPCs where you can sell trade goods:
|Mountain of Eternal Winter||Eilton||Bollona|
Once you have arrived at a town/city you can sell the goods by going to the Trade Manager NPC and pressing “R”.
On the right, you will see a window that lists all of the goods you have. Click “Sell All” to sell the goods for the standard price, or click “Bargain” to spend 5 energy and try to increase your profit. If you fail to bargain it will not affect the price but you will have to spend 5 energy to try again.
Once you have clicked “Bargain” a window will pop up in the center of your screen. Underneath the scales, you will see 2 buttons. The button on the left has a chance of slightly moving the scales and the button on the right has a chance of greatly moving the scales. The idea is to move the scales up to 3 times and try to get them to balance perfectly. If you manage to balance the scales on your third turn, you will achieve “Bargain Success” and can then sell your goods for a higher price.
You can get more tries to move the scale by wearing the trading costume, the better the costume, the more extra tries you receive. You can also receive extra tries if you have higher amity with the trader.
Once again, please make sure the nodes are connected when selling trade goods. If the nodes are not connected you lose 75% of the item’s value. The only time this does not apply is for Fish.
Price Changes and NPC Rumors
Trade Market prices change every 4 hours. The time for these price changes is every day at 02:00, 06:00, 10:00, 14:00, 18:00, and 22:00 (UTC). At each price change, the prices can increase or decrease by a maximum of 15%.
However, the overall price of the trade item can go up to a maximum of 300% (3 times) of the original price or can decrease to 30% of the original price.
You can track the next price change using the “Trading” alert on our website menu. Use the bell icon to turn the alert on/off.
As well as these basic price changes, there is also a “special price fluctuation” that can occur on certain items. This also happens every 4 hours at the same times as the regular price changes, and the special price fluctuation can increase the current price by up to x200% (doubling the price), or decrease the price by up to x50% (halving the price). The special price fluctuation is calculated after the normal price change.
- You buy an item that is at 100% price
- The normal price change occurs, adding +10% price. Now the price is 110%
- At the same time, there is a x200% special price fluctuation. This means that you double the updated price of 110% (not the original price), putting the new item price to 220%.
Old Moon Guild Newsletter
Information about these “special price fluctuations” can be found in the “Old Moon Newsletter”, which you can view by going to the ESC menu > Life (F6) > Old Moon Guild Newsletter.
|Price is going down (current price X 50-99%)||Price is going up (current price X 101-200%)|
How to confirm Rumors
The rumors are shown as speech bubbles above the NPCs head and the NPCs will give you hints about the items you can buy in that region.
For example, in the image below, the newsletter shows that there is a rise in the prices of Military Supplies in the Balenos Territory. When going to Velia, the NPCs can be seen saying “Why are the prices of weapons so high?” and “I’m not sure if the guards have enough weapons left”. This suggests that there is a demand for Military Supplies and that the rumors are true that the prices are going to rise. Therefore, you want to buy all trade goods in the Military Supplies category from Balenos, and then when the prices go up, sell them to any other region.
If the rumor is incorrect, there will either be no change at all, or the opposite may happen:
- Hike <-> Plunge
- Rise <-> Drop
- Slight Rise <-> Slight Drop
If the rumors cannot be found at the locations, this usually means that the rumor is false.
Use the locations below to search for certain rumors, a group of NPCs will spawn at these locations.
|Region||Price Decrease Rumor Locations||Price Increase Rumor Locations|
Using Rumors to make Profit
To make money with trading, you need to check the guild newsletter frequently. Pay attention to items that are rumored to “hike” or “rise”, since this means that the price is going to go up by a significant amount. Then, confirm whether or not the rumors are true. If the rumor is correct, purchase all items in that region for that trade item category. After the trade reset, you can sell them for large profit margins. Use a fast horse to run between the nodes, or swap to alts and check rumors, then purchase the items while you are there. Come back later with your wagon to deliver and sell them.
If you have extra time, you can also check “plunge” rumors, if they are incorrect, then there will either be no change to the price, or the opposite will happen (which will be a hike instead). Therefore, it is worth checking “plunge” rumors too, but only if you have spare time because they are more of a gamble.
It’s important to purchase all items that are going to hike up in price. Your instincts may tell you it is only worth buying the cheap items, but we can see that this is not actually the case:
- For example: If an item costs 1,000,000 silver to purchase at 100%.
- When that item is at 120%, it has a 1,200,000 silver selling price. With a x200% price hike, the price is doubled and is now worth 2,400,000 silver (1,200,000 silver difference).
- When that item is at 50%, it has a 500,000 silver selling price. With a x200% price hike, the price is doubled and is now worth 1,000,000 silver (500,000 silver difference).
You can purchase a total of 66 items at each trade manager, this will fill the max weight of your Order Contracts. Since you can only buy a maximum of 50 stock, you will need to swap channels to purchase the last 16 items.
If you are serious about trading, it is worth investing in a Peridot Forest Path Wagon since it is the only wagon that doesn’t have a limited lifespan. You can fit 22 items in this wagon, allowing you to sell the items in just 3 trips.
I also recommend joining the Lifeskill Discord, because there is an NA and EU thread in the #trading channel. Players post confirmations about the rumors in this channel so you can easily check them to save time.
Mysterious Giant Merchant Guild
- The Mysterious Giant Merchant Guild will purchase all of the cheap trade items, to sell at a later date.
- When the Giant Merchant Guild buys all the stock for that item, it causes a shortage for a while.
- During the shortage, the trade item cannot be purchased, and the price of the trade item will remain the same for 42 trade resets (7 days). You can still sell the trade goods you have purchased, but will not be able to buy any new trade items.
- After the shortage ends (7 days), the price of the trade item will rise back up to 100%, and the Giant Merchant Guild sells their stock, allowing you to purchase the trade item again.
- The purpose of this mechanic is to raise the price of any trade items that are stuck at low prices for a long period of time.
List of Trade Goods (Purchasable)
|Location||Trade Manager||Category||Item Name||Node Level|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||General Goods||Handy Home Medicine Brewer||0|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Luxuries||Fragrant Grape Wine||0|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Food||Sweet Grape Jam||0|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Food||Sweet Red Honey||3|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Food||Mountain Cheese||5|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Medicine||Shai Emergency Medicine Set||3|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Medicine||
Mystical Love Potion No. 6
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Relic||Reliable Amulet for Protection||5|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Clothes||Shai Special Hat||3|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Raw Material||Fresh Silver Azalea Root||0|
|Balenos – Olvia||Lolly||Raw Material||Special Herb Blend||3|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||General Goods||Crimson Ore||0|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||General Goods||Ominous Totem Fragment||5|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Luxuries||Transparent Crystal Glass||3|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Food||Soft Smoked Pork||0|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Medicine||Red Reagent||0|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Military Supply||Sturdy Entry-level Spear||0|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Military Supply||Warm Bear Hide Cape||5|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Relic||Dormant Tree Spirit Seed||3|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Relic||Awakened Tree Spirit Sprout||7|
|Balenos – Westerm Guard Camp||Luke||Raw Material||High-quality Plank||0|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||General Goods||Sweet-Smelling Rat Poinson||0|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||General Goods||Bizarre Adventure Log||7|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Luxuries||Brilliant Black Opal||5|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Food||Soft Potato Starch||0|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Food||Savory Corn Oil||3|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Food||Fresh Egg||5|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Medicine||Blue Reagnet||0|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Clothes||Soft Weasel Scarf||0|
|Balenos – Bartali Farm||Emma Bartali||Raw Material||Soft Fox Fur||5|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||General Goods||Rosy Wishing Kite||0|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||General Goods||Secret Formula Chemical-Free Fertilizer||3|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Luxuries||Terrifying Pumpkin Lamp||3|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Luxuries||Tangy Royal Jelly||7|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Food||Good Quality Potato Starch||0|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Food||Coarse Wheat Flour||0|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Food||Sweet Golden Honey||5|
|Serendia – Alejandro Farm||Amadeo Alejandro||Raw Material||Cool Flax Fabric||0|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||General Goods||Dwarf Tool Pack||5|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||Food||Fresh Fan Flamingo Egg||3|
|Serendia- Eastern Gateway||Breman||Medicine||First Aid Kit||0|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||Military Supply||Combat Supply Bundle||0|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||Military Supply||Knights Martial Arts Manual||7|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||Relic||Marble Dragon Statue||5|
|Serendia – Eastern Gateway||Breman||Raw Material||Pile of Damaged Iron||0|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||General Goods||Wheat Haysteak||0|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Food||Chewy Dried Fogan Hind Leg||0|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Medicine||Special Potion||5|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Military Supply||Paralyzing Poisoned Arrowhead||3|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Relic||Magic Binding Oak Branch||7|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Clothes||Bush Spider Web Vest||0|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Clothes||Party Cocktail Dress||5|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Raw Material||Red Mud Brick||0|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Raw Material||Purified Dried Mud||5|
|Serendia – Glish||Larc||Raw Material||Rare Bush Spider Web||7|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||General Goods||Herb Steamer||0|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||General Goods||Sturdy Water Buffalo Hide Backpack||3|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Luxuries||Fragant Scented Candle||0|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Luxuries||Bouquet of Fresh Tulips||3|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Food||Dried Sweet Cornelian Cherry||0|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Food||Refreshing Leight Ale||7|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Medicine||Amazing Cure-All Ointment||5|
|Calpheon – Northern Wheat Plantation||Norma Leight||Raw Material||Nutritious Haystack||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||General Goods||Carpentry Tool Bundle||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Luxuries||Ram War Horn||5|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Food||Hearty Pig Barbecue||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Food||Special Sausage||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Medicine||Herbal Ointment||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Military Supply||Carrier Pigeon||7|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Relic||Mystical Tree Bark||5|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Clothes||Dense Forest Camouflage||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Raw Material||Special Leather Fabric||0|
|Calpheon – Behr||Triee||Raw Material||High-Quality Specialty Timber||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||General Goods||Oak Barrel Filled with Green Liquid||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Luxuries||Subtle Scented Candle||3|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Food||Fragrant Ginger Tea||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Military Supply||Sticky Glutoni Mucus||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Military Supply||Chimera’s Black Fragment||5|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Relic||Anti-Petrifying Amulet||7|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Clothes||Reinforced Miner’s Work Uniform||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Raw Material||Dark Red Ore Chunk||0|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Raw Material||Ominous Ore||3|
|Calpheon – Keplan||Hamir||Raw Material||Ominous Black Mercury||5|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||General Goods||Stiff Horsehair Brush||0|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||Luxuries||Horse Race Trophy Model||3|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||Luxuries||Gem-Laden Dagger||7|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||Food||Sweet Garlic Bread||0|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||Relic||Oddly Shaped Sculpture||5|
|Mediah – Stonetail Horse Ranch||Asran||Raw Material||Stone Rhino Hide||0|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||General Goods||Eastern Culture Beyond the Desert||5|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Luxuries||Carved Horoscope Crystal Ball||7|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Food||Hearty Sandwich||5|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Medicine||Special Potion||0|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Medicine||Justice-Imbued Elixier||5|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Military Supply||Talisman Imbued With Special Energy||7|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Relic||Mysterious Pot||3|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Relic||Soul-Possessed Portrait||5|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Clothes||Fancy Noble Dress||5|
|Mediah – Tarif||Brorum||Raw Material||Black Quartz Nugget||0|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||General Goods||Light Warm Blanket||3|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||General Goods||Sturdy Nouveranto Net||7|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Luxuries||Shabbily Crafted Sculpture||0|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Food||Smoked Brahman Beef||0|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Medicine||Spider Neurotoxin Anesthetic||3|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Military Supply||Big Barbarian Shield||0|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Raw Material||Soft Blue Silk||0|
|Mediah – Kusha||Chakra||Raw Material||Soft Spider Silk||5|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||General Goods||Raw Basilisk Skin||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||General Goods||Eastern Telescope||3|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Luxuries||Surprise Gemstone Box||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Luxuries||Ornately Decorated Rifle||7|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Food||Soft Smoked Mountain Sheep Meat||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Food||Red Mace||5|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Military Supply||Fire-charged Shield||3|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Relic||Charred Fragments||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Clothes||Sturdy Camel Hide Shoes||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Raw Material||Sturdy Elder Tree Stem||0|
|Valencia – Shakatu||Taphtar||Food||Sweet Date Palm Fruit||0|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||General Goods||Eastern Boy Collection||0|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||Luxuries||Fancy Ivory Seal||7|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||Food||Star Anise Fruit||3|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||Medicine||Natural Dye Set||0|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||Clothes||Warm Camel Fur Coat||5|
|Valencia – Sand Grain Bazaar||Atui Balacs||Raw Material||Bundle of Preserved Ivory||5|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||General Goods||Eastern Valencian Nights Box Set||5|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Luxuries||Beautiful Desert Landscape||3|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Food||Sweet Coconut Oil||5|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Medicine||Eastern Elixir of Life||7|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Military Supply||Sharp Crescent Sword||7|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Relic||Sand Desert Star||3|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Raw Material||Scarlet Rutile Nugget||0|
|Valencia – Arehaza||Surondula||Raw Material||Oasis Rock Salt||0|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||General Goods||Kamasylvia Book of Life||0|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Luxuries||Sturdy Wolf Feather Ornament||0|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Food||Savory Mushroom Spore||0|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Military Supply||Training Longbow||5|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Relic||Travels to the East of Aldus||5|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Relic||Ancient History: The Dawn of Kamasylvia||7|
|Kamasylvia – Old Wisdom Tree||Obi Bellen||Raw Materials||Red Old Tree Bark||5|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||General Goods||Great Trainer Biography||5|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Luxuries||Delicately Shaped Ornament||0|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Food||Sunset Jade Shellfisch||5|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Medicine||Clear Spirit Essence||5|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Relic||Fierce Battle of Cowardly Vedir Hypocrites||7|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Clothes||Fancy Floral Headpiece||0|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Raw Material||Violet Valtarra Hearthstone||0|
|Kamasylvia – Grandiha||Titu||Raw Material||Blue Ocean Plant||3|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||General Goods||Desire-Imbued Rock||0|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||General Goods||Ash Forest Branch||5|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Food||Dew of Dawn||7|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Medicine||Special Medical Kit||0|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Military Supply||Kamasylvia Strategic Manual: Application||0|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Military Supply||Kamasylvia Training Manual: Application||0|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Relic||Ancient Kamasylvia Pandects||3|
|Kamasylvia – Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Raw Material||Red Lapis Lazuli||0|
|Kamasylvia- Archer Guard Post||Munanslyn||Raw Material||Tree Cloaked in Green||3|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||General Goods||Sky Scenery||0|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||General Goods||Skyblue Ocarina||3|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Luxuries||Patterned Yak Carpet||5|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Military Supply||Sturdy Moss Wood Longbow||0|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Military Supply||Marmot Tools||5|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Relic||Gem-Studded Khalk Accessory||7|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Clothes||Lapis Lazuli Knee Pad||0|
|Drieghan – Ahib Conflict Zone||Selena Aer||Raw Material||Light Khalk Skin Fabric||5|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||General Goods||Marmot-Hunting Trap||0|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||General Goods||Blue Sky Hawk Kite Set||3|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||General Goods||Artisan’s Special Basket||7|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||Luxuries||Dragonhead Kettle||3|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||Food||Poorly Dried Sliced Goat Meat||0|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||Military Supply||Colorful Horse Gear Set||7|
|Drieghan – Marcha Outpost||Ladar||Relic||Tricolor Sherekhan Flag Decoration||3|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||General Goods||Pure Thuja Pinwheel||0|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||General Goods||Lumbering 101||5|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||General Goods||Exquisite Hacksaw Box||5|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||Luxuries||Pungent Thuja-Scent Candle||0|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||Luxuries||Noble Display Case||7|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||Food||Golden Roast Skewered Lamb||5|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||Medicine||Concentrated Altitude Sickness Cure||3|
|Drieghan – Dormann Lumber Camp||Dormann||Raw Material||Good Quality Sawdust Box||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||General Goods||Cozy Crimson Blanket||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Luxuries||Fancy Obsidian Ore Necklace||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Medicine||Bitter Herbal Juice||7|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Military Supply||Combat Rations||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Clothes||Snow Galoshes||3|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Raw Material||Shimmering Quartz||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Pilgrim’s End||Lisae||Raw Material||Sharp Obsidian Crystal||7|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||General Goods||Cozy Bluish Blanket||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Luxuries||Fancy Small Fireplace||7|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Food||Sweet Citron Jam||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Food||Strong Citron Extract||3|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Medicine||Reagent of Passion||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Relic||Mysterious Herb Root||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Clothes||Cuddly Scarf||3|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Awina’s Tail||Huan||Raw Material||Special Waterproof Fabric||3|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||General Goods||Heater Oil||3|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Luxuries||Herbal Grain Liquor||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Food||Sweet and Sour Citron Wine||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Medicine||Frostbite Cure||0|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Military Supply||Combat Iron Armor||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Relic||Dragonhead Statue||7|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Clothes||Traditional Winter Clothes||5|
|Mountain of Eternal Winter – Camp Balacs||Jorg||Raw Material||Sunset Quartz||0|
- When selling any trade goods, you gain an extra silver bonus called the “distance bonus”.
- The greater distance between the original location you obtained the trade item, and the location you sell it, the greater the distance bonus.
- This is important when min-maxing profits if you are creating your own trade crates, and why many people choose to make their crates in Valencia, and sell to Grana.
- However, for active trading where you buy the trade goods from NPCs, it is often not worth traveling far distances, since you need to have multiple nodes connected and the distance bonus is negligible.
- Distance bonus is calculated by taking the base price of the item, then multiplying that by a set percentage. The distance bonus is then added to the current sell price.
Below are some examples of the distance bonus (%) between two locations:
In addition to purchasing items from NPCs, players can craft their own trade items called Trading Crates. These crates have to be “packed” by a worker in a city and then once you have a large number of crates you transport them to another city to sell them.
The crates take a long time to collect and you will probably only transport them once a month, but it can be a good way of making passive income. The only downside is that it takes a lot of setup, time, and CP. You also end up with a large amounts of money being tied up. You also need to spend quite a lot of time Processing materials for your crates, or can purchase the materials for a lower profit margin.
Use Artisan Goblin workers so you can pack crates as quickly as possible. If you are away from your computer a lot and can’t feed your workers often, then it may be better to use Giants, but the idea is to pack crates as quickly as possible. The best skills for packing crates, which are: Ore/Timber Packing Skill, Thrifty Skill, and any other movement speed or work speed skills.
You can also send workers from one town to another to pack a crate at the workshop and the crate’s origin will be from the same town the worker is from.
Where to setup your Trading Empire
With the removal of the “Desert Trading Buff” in April 2023, you are free to sell the crates where you want and no longer need to sell them in Valencia. However, you do want to transport the crates as far as possible for the distance price bonus.
At the moment, the furthest distance is between Grana and Valencia, with a distance bonus of +113%, but with the Land of the Morning Light region, players will be able to sell to Nampo Harbor, and the furthest distance is from Valenica with a 150% distance bonus, compared to Nampo and Grana, which is only 121%.
Therefore, a lot of players are now choosing to set up their trading empire in Valencia instead of Grana. In addition, Valencia has more workshops and lodging available, allowing for a much larger empire than in Grana.
Selling and Transporting the Crates
- The best way to transport the crates is to stack as many crates as possible on a horse.
- You can use cheap horses for this. Simply park the horse next to your storage then move the crates straight into the horse inventory.
- The amount of crates you can overstack on your horse depends on the weight of the crate:
- Crates with 30LT: total of 7,157 crates
- Crates with 20LT: total of 10,736 crates
- Crates with 15LT: total of 14,315 crates
- After stacking the crates on your horse, set up an autopath, then move away from your horse and whistle it. As the horse starts to walk towards you, start auto-running and your horse will continue to follow you. Make sure to check the horse is still following and you will also need to watch out for bandits along the road so you don’t get stuck. You can also ride the horse and autorun it but it can be faster to use the whistle method.
- I recommend using a character under level 50 because some players may try to kill you and if your horse dies it will lose a large number of crates. Also, make sure not to remote collect your horse or it will lose a large number of crates.
Leveling Trading (Trading EXP Buffs)
With the removal of the “Desert Trade Buff”, you no longer need to reach Artisan 10 Trading for the life skill to be profitable. However, a higher trading level is still useful, since it increases your profit from Bargaining when you sell the items.
When leveling your Trading, you should try to use as many Life Skill EXP buffs as possible.
You can also use the items below for Trading EXP:
|Icon||Item Name||EXP Buff||How to Obtain
|Silver Embroidered Trader’s Clothing||Trading EXP +0% – 25%
(depending on Enhancement)
|Craft at a Level 1 Costume Mill:
Cotton Fabric x10
|Trader’s Clothing Costume||Trading EXP +10%||You can obtain the Trader’s Clothing Costume by using an Equipment Tailoring Coupon on a base Silver Embroidered Trader’s Clothing.
This allows you to equip it in the costume slot and wear another Silver Embroidered Trader’s Clothes at the same time.
|Trading EXP +25%||Lightstone of Flora: Wagon
Lightstone of Flora: Wagon
Lightstone of Flora: Wagon
Read our Lighstone and Artifact Guide for details
|Sethra’s Artifacts – Life EXP||Life EXP +3%||Can be obtained randomly from all life skills|
|Sethra’s Artifacts – Trading EXP||Trading EXP +5%||Can be obtained randomly when selling Trade Goods|
Dim Magic Crystal: Trade
|Trading EXP +3%||Obtained from Challenge (Y) rewards by reaching Trading Apprentice, and by completing the “[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #1“ quest|
There are 2 ways of leveling your Trading:
- AFK Fishing
- This is my personal favorite method and what I would recommend. You can AFK fish at the pond in Duvencrune (do not throw away any fish) and then trade the fish as far away as possible for a high amount of trading EXP.
- “Trash Crates”
- Also known as “Junk Crates”. These are crates that are easier to make than the ones you will be selling for profit. They only require 1 material to make them.
- For example, you use workers to create “Ash Timber Crates” at a Wood Workbench (level 1) and then you transport these to Valencia using the transport method explained further down in the guide. You then sell all the crates with as many Life EXP buffs as possible. I recommend using this Trash Crates calculator to work out exactly how many you will need.
- Another issue with this method is that you will be sacrificing and investing a lot of materials into the crates and the crates are worth less than the materials you used to make them.
- Important: When selling your crates to the Trade Manager, make sure not to sell them all at once or you will lose a lot of EXP. Sell the crates in smaller batches instead.
When selling any trade item to a Trade Manager NPC, you have a chance of obtaining an item called “Stained Silk“.
You can then exchange x10 of this item at NPC Liana, for other materials, or Contribution and Trading EXP.
- Liana can be found in all major cities next to Jetina/Fughar/Stable Keeper. If you cannot find the NPC, use the “Find NPC” function to search for “Liana” (ESC Menu > Function > Find NPC)
|Required Items||Exchangeable Items (Select one)|
Stained Silk x10
Trace of Forest x10
Trace of Death x10
Trace of Memory x10
|900 Contribution EXP + Trading EXP x450|
Trading Leap Quests
The Trading Leap Quest chain can be completed to obtain rewards and large Trading EXP boosts. For example, completing the first quest in the chain “[Trading Leap Apprentice 2] Alchemist’s Reagent” can be completed once you are Trading Apprentice 2 or higher, and gives approximately 80% EXP at that level.
The quests can be found in your Quest log (O) under the “Suggested” tab.
|Quest Name||Start NPC||How to Complete|
|[Trading Leap Apprentice 2]
|Alustin||Find out about the trade items from Lolly of Olvia|
|[Trading Leap Apprentice 7]
Serendia Specialty Promotion
|Cruhorn Wyrmsbane||Promote Serendia Specialty in Western Guard Camp
Promote Serendia Specialty in Velia
Promote Serendia Specialty in Glish
|[Trading Leap Apprentice 10]
The Cupid of Olvia
|Lolly||Spread the word to Pollini in Florin that we have more of this mystical love potion in stock|
|[Trading Leap Skilled 5]
A Deal with Calpheon
|Larc||Show Glish specialties to Norma Leight in Northern Wheat Plantation of Calpheon|
|[Trading Leap Professional 1]
New Luxury Item in the Market
|Wolfgang||Check stock of Ram War Horn from Behr|
|[Trading Leap Professional 4]
Helping a Friend in Keplan
|Harden||Ask Bart from Trina Fort
Ask Duras from Trina Fort
|[Trading Leap Professional 7]
Behr Sausage is the Best!
|Likke Behr||Promote the Special Sausage from Behr at Kamasylve|
|[Trading Leap Professional 10]
Medicines to Save Lives
|Doctor Brogia||Check Olvia Medicine
Check Northern Wheat Plantation Medicine
Check Behr Medicine
|[Trading Leap Artisan 4]
Kusha Town Festival
|Chakra||Bring food from Olvia
Bring food from Northern Wheat Plantation
Bring food from Behr
Bring food from Alejandro Farm
Bring food from Calpheon City
|[Trading Leap Artisan 7]
Special Leather Fabric
|Ceras Feresio||Check the quality of Special Leather Fabric from Behr|
|[Trading Leap Artisan 10]
Unique Items from Mediah
|Finlin||Check Tarif specialties
Check Stonetail Horse Ranch specialties
Check Kusha specialties
Alongside these quests, you can complete the “[Life][Leap] Honor to the Trading Family” quests.
These quests are available once per family.
|Quest Name & Requirements||NPC||Rewards|
|[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #1
Complete [Trading Leap Apprentice 10] The Cupid of Olvia
|Enrique Encarotia||Wagon Registration: Noble Wagon
Dim Magic Crystal: Trade x2
Energy Tonic (L) x5
|[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #2
Complete [Trading Leap Skilled 5] A Deal with Calpheon
Complete [Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #1
|Enrique Encarotia||Gold Bar 100G x5
Charming Swiftness x5
|▼ Reward (Select one of the following)
Water Spirit Stone Fragment x300
Earth Spirit Stone Fragment x300
Wind Spirit Stone Fragment x300
|[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #3
Complete [Trading Leap Professional 1] New Luxury Item in the Market
Complete [Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #2
Piece of Image x1,000
Mount Skill Change Coupon x3
|[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #4
Complete [Trading Leap Professional 10] Medicines to Save Lives
Complete [Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #3
Professional Trader’s Clothes x1
Equipment Tailoring Coupon x1
|[Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #5
Complete [Trading Leap Artisan 10] Unique Items from Mediah
Complete [Leap] Honor to the Trading Family #4
Gold Bar 1,000G x1
Piece of Image x1,000
Trading EXP Transfer Coupon x1
How I get Sethra’s Artifact – Trading EXP ????
Since Imperial Delivery (Trading) was removed, I’m not actually sure. I can’t find anything in the patch notes about it either. I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I find out anything!