Family Fame is a system that was added to the game on Jan 18th 2017. Family Fame is shared across all characters on your account and gives you a higher daily payout depending on the number of points you have under each section.
There are 4 types of Fame points:
- Combat Fame
- Life Fame
- Special Fame
- Family Fame – your total fame points combined
You can view your current fame points under your character info (P).
Tax Reduction and Item Drop Rate
Once your total Family Fame is over 1,000 points you can get a silver tax reduction on all sales you collect from the central market.
When you reach 7,000 or higher total Family Fame, you also gain a passive Item Drop Rate Increase +10% buff.
Family Fame Payout
Each day you will get a Family Fame Payout. This is a set amount of silver that will go to your Black Spirit’s Safe each day at 00:00 UTC. The amount of Family Fame Payout you get depends on your Combat Fame, Life Fame, and Special Fame.
Combat Fame is calculated by combining the combat levels of all your characters:
- Characters must be over level 15 to give fame points
- Characters under level 56 get 1 fame point per level
- Example: A level 45 character would give you 45 points
- Characters over level 56 get 2 points for each level
- Example: A level 58 character would give you 116 points
- Characters at level 60 get 5 points for each level
- Example: A level 61 character would give you 305 points
This means that it’s important to get as many characters to level 60 or 61 to increase your combat fame. Level 61 can be easily obtained now by questing using the Chenga Tome. I recommend checking out our leveling guides for more information:
Characters between levels 15 and 55 can also claim a daily combat XP buff that lasts for 60 minutes. The higher your combat fame is, the higher % the EXP buff will be. The buff can be found in your Challenge rewards (Y) and resets daily at 00:00 UTC.
Life Fame is calculated by using the life skill levels of all your characters:
- Characters must have Professional Lv 1 or higher to give Life Fame points
- Each level of every life skill gives 0.5 points up to and including Master
- Beginner Lv 1 – 10 = level 1 – 10
- Apprentice Lv 1 – 10 = level 11 – 20
- Skilled Lv 1 – 10 = level 21 – 30
- Professional Lv 1 – 10 = level 31 – 40
- Artisan Lv 1 – 10 = level 41 – 50
- Master Lv 1 – 30 = level 51 – 80
- Example: If your character has Artisan 5 in Cooking, then that would be 45 points which will give a total of (45 points / 2) = 22 points – always round down
- Each level after Guru gives 1 point
- Guru Lv 1 – 50 = level 81 – 130
- Example: If your character has Guru 10 in Cooking, then that would give a total of ((80 points / 2) + 10 points from Guru levels) = 50 points
To increase your Life Fame I recommend doing cooking and alchemy on your alts for a while to reach professional 1. Processing flax threads also gives a decent amount of EXP and you can quickly burn energy and gather water at a river for gathering EXP.
Calculating your Life Fame can become confusing so I recommend using this Fame Score Calculator.
Special Fame is calculated by dividing your total gained knowledge by 10, then adding your contribution points.
You can view your total gained knowledge by pressing (H).
For example, my total gained knowledge is 3946 and my total contribution points are 346.
(3946 / 10) + 346 = 741 Special Fame