Caphras’ Record is a set of quests/achievements you can complete for extra rewards in your Adventure log.
Below is a list of all the rewards you will get once completing all 4 books.
- Book 1: 80 Caphras Stones
- Book 2: 50 Caphras Stones
- Book 3: 50 Caphras Stones
- Book 4: 120 Caphras Stones
- Total: 300 Caphras Stones
To unlock Book 2 and 3 of this Adventure Log, you must have completed the newest Kamaslyvia questline – “[Lv. 58 Kamasylvia] The Light of Kamasylve” and also completed O’Dyllita Part 1 – “[Lv.60 O’dyllitaI] Flower of the Burning Moon”.
Books 1 and 4 arrived later on with O’Dyllita Part 2. When you complete Book 3 you will be given a Tome called “Caphras – Tome of Light and Shadow” this must be given to your Black Spirit to unlock the final Book.
Now that you have unlocked the adventure log, you can view the books and begin to complete the tasks in each one. Open your ESC menu and go to the “Adventure” tab and then select “Adventure Log Bookshelf” to view your available adventure logs. Click the book under “Caphras’ Record” to get started.
When you complete a goal, you must press the reward text in your Adventure log to receive the reward. Use the buttons at the bottom of the pages to turn each page of the chapter. Some chapters must be done out of order.
Caphras’ Record: Book 1
To unlock Book 1 you will need to complete Book 2 and 3 first.
Find Lutragon at Muiquinn (10 Caphras Stones)
Lutragon can be found at Muiquinn. He is located on the east side of the town next to the Stable Keeper.
Unlock the Seal of the Ancient Spellbook in Tarif (10 Caphras Stones)
To complete this chapter you will need the Ancient Spellbook item which can be obtained from Zahad in Valencia after completing chapter 3.
Go to Tarif into the house and interact with the Forbidden Books in the middle of the room. Use the chat option to spend 50 energy and use the Ancient Magic Tome obtained from Zahad.
A blue light will appear in the middle of the room. For the next 10 seconds, a smaller blue flame will appear around the room which you must attack each time. If you are successful in hitting the blue flame enough times, you will receive a notification at the top to say you have broken the seal. Now you can interact with the blue flame in the centre to complete this chapter of the book.
If you are unsuccessful in attacking the smaller blue flame, you will need to try again. Speak to your Black Spirit to get the Ancient Magic Tome back. This will cost 50 energy and then an additional 50 energy to resummon the flame.
Obtain the Ancient Spellbook (20 Caphras Stones)
You must go Zahad in Valencia and talk to him during night-time to accept a quest. He will then ask you 3 questions and the answers can be completely random. Each answer you give will use 50 energy. After completing the quest you are given the Ancient Spellbook.
After obtaining the book, go to Tarif to complete Chapter 2.
Collect O’Dyllita Knowledge (20 Caphras Stones)
To complete this chapter you must collect all of the Shadow of O’Dyllita NPC knowledge category and must have completed the O’Dyllita main story questline to speak to some of the NPCs.
I highly recommend using BDOCodex to help you find all the NPC locations needed for this chapter.
You can find the knowledge by pressing H then going to Character > People of O’dyllita > Shadow of Odyllita
Interact with the Black Shard (20 Caphras Stones)
Now go to Grana in Kamaslyvia and inside the Kamaslyvia tree there will be a floating black shard with a red glow. Interact with the shard to complete this book and unlock book 4.
Caphras’ Record: Book 2
Go to the place where Caphras was first found (10 Caphras)
Go to Grana in Kamaslyvia and inside the Kamaslyvia tree there will be a blue floating light. Interact with the light to begin.
For this chapter you will need to kill 150 Feather Wolves at Navarn Steppe in Kamaslyvia.
Show Valencia the Eastern Culture (10 Caphras)
Go to Quina the Trade Manager in Altinova and buy the item “Eastern Culture”. Take the trade item and sell it to the Trade Manager at Valencia.
Collect Valencia Knowledge (10 Caphras)
For this chapter you need to have knowledge of the following:
- Valencia City Expedition Log (7 topics) – found under (H) > Adventure Journal > Valencia Journal
- Valencia (Great Desert) (21 topics) – found under (H) > Topography > Valencia
I recommend using BDOCodex knowledge database if you need helping collecting these knowledge topics.
Defeat monsters in Pila Ku Jail (10 Caphras)
For this chapter you will need to kill 1,000 monsters in Pila Ku Jail. After completing the chapter you will obtain the title “Prison Break”.
Caphras’ Record: Book 3
Create the Cadry Ring (10 Caphras)
For this chapter you must create a Cadry Ring by combining the pieces that drop at Cadry Ruins.
Arrange the items in the order shown below:
- Cadry’s Piece – Blue Ring
- Cadry’s Piece – Ruby Ornament
- You can create this item by arranging 9 Blue Rings in a + shape
- Cadry’s Piece – Obsidian Oranment
- You can create this item by arranging 5 Ruby Oranments in a + shape
Find out what happened in Velia (10 Caphras)
You must complete 3 different quests:
- Remnants of Someone
- obtained from Zaairia the Material Merchant in Velia
- requires you to gather 100 corn and bring it to Zaairia
- you must gather the corn yourself (check image below for corn locations)
- rewards you with Caphras Ore
- Traces He Left
- obtained from Alustin in Velia
- give the Caphras Ore to Alustin then bring Alustin Titanium Ore x10, Powder of Crevice x100 and Black Stone Powder x1000
- you can buy the items from the central market and just have to give them to him
- rewards you with Caphras Powder
- Tragedy Revealed
- obtained from Alustin in Velia
- requires you to hand over the Caphras Powder to one of Alustin’s daughters (Eileen or Clorince – the General Goods Vendors in Velia)
- after handing in the Caphras Powder, go back to Alustin to hand over the Caphras Essence
Obtain the Cron Castle Knowledge (10 Caphras)
Collect knowledge of the following:
- Gold Coin of Cron Castle – obtained by completing the questline Abelin, the Fishing Boy starting at Igor Bartalli
- Follow the fishing quest from Igor and he will send you to Abelin near the storage keeper in velia. Follow all the quests up and complete Catching Mackerel. You can then talk to Abelin again to obtain the knowledge
- Cron Castle Fall – obtained by reaching 501 amity with Tranan Underfoe (Velia Blacksmith)
- Altar of Cron Castle – obtained by interacting with the Altar at Cron Castle (requires 5 energy)
Completing this chapter also gives you the title “Playing with fire”.
Find where the Caphras was sealed (10 Caphras)
For this chapter you will need to dive underwater in the sea just west of Cron Castle and interact with the blue light in the water.
Learn about the history of Illiya Island (10 Caphras)
This chapter requires you to complete the following quest from Diega on Illiya Island:
- Caphras’ Lady
- obtained from Diega on Illiya Island
- requires you show Diega the Caphras’ Record, then ask her about Caphras’ lover using the chat option. Then go to the marked location and interact with Illiya Cliff
- rewards you with Caphras Leaf
- Caphras: Book of Immortality
- obtained from Black Spirit – can only be obtained if you have finished all chapters in book 3
- requires you to give the Caphras Leaf to your Black Spirit and give him the Journal
- rewards you with “Caphras – Tome of Light and Shadow” – required to start Book 1.
Completing this chapter also rewards you with the title “Good Book, Bad Book, Strange Book” and will unlock book 1.
Caphras’ Record: Book 4
To unlock Book 4 you will need to complete Book 1, Book 2 and 3 first.
Find the gift on Illiya Island (20 Caphras)
Go to Illiya Island and find Barbara. She is stood in front of a building and when you go behind the building you can find an item to interact with called “Caphras’ Memory”. When you interact with the item you will be given the gift “Rusted Headband” which is needed for the next chapter.
Deliver the gift (20 Caphras)
Deliver the Rusted Headband to Orwen, who can be found at the entrance of Kzarka Shrine in Serendia.
Visit Caphras’ Lab (20 Caphras)
Go to Caphras Cave and enter the secret cave. There will be a black shard in middle of the room to interact with.
Kill Cadry Monsters (20 Caphras)
For this chapter you will need to kill 1,500 monsters in Cadry Ruins. You also need to gain knowledge of the Cadry Summoning Stone which is an attackable structure found around the grinding zone. You can get knowledge of it by destroying it.
Find Caphras’ Memory in Valencia (20 Caphras)
Go to Valencia city and go to the Royal Palace gardens. In the gardens you will find a “Caphras’ Memory” to interact with.
Complete the Altar of Blood (20 Caphras)
For this chapter you need to complete the prerequisite quests for Altar of Blood. Altar of Blood must be unlocked by completing a questline. The first quest can be obtained from your Black Spirit under the suggested section and is called [Altar of Blood] Yaz and the Mountain of Sanctity. It is a family quest that requires level 56+ so if you have already completed it on any of your characters it will already be unlocked.
Altar of Blood is a 3 person PVE tower defense mode where waves of monsters will come from all directions and attempt to destroy a crystal in the centre of the room. Your objective is to defend the crystal. At the end of each round, a boss will appear which must be defeated to continue to the next stage. I recommend checking Youtube for a guide if it is your first time and joining guildies or friends in a party.
To enter Altar of Blood, go to the ESC menu > War > Altar of Blood. This will automatically match you with 2 other players. You can also join as a premade party, which is highly recommened.