Pit of Undying is a PVE arena that was added to the game on 22nd July 2020. You need to complete a questline to unlock the arena, and this will give you a PRI Undying Crow’s Insignia. This item can be equipped to your “tome” equipment slot for a Combat EXP buff, and is required to accept the promotion quests.
- Each day you can complete a daily quest to kill up to 5 bosses.
- Successfully killing bosses in the Pit of the Undying will reward you with Seal of the Undying
- Completing the promotion test will unlock harder bosses, and reward you with a higher level Undying Crow’s Insignia.
- As you get a higher level Undying Crow’s Insignia, you also get more Seals of the Undying.
- Seal of the Undying can be exchanged for various rewards at Patrigio on Crow’s Nest
Completing the questline
- Speak to your Black Spirit to receive the quest [Crow’s Nest] A Strange Tale from the Great Ocean.
- You can also find the questline in the Suggested section of your quest log, under the category “[The Great Expedition] Crow’s Nest, Misty Island of Mystery”.
- The quest will then take you to Velia to speak with Tranan Underfoe (the blacksmith).
- Pick up the next quest from Tranan and then go into the room behind him and interact with the Cabinet, Library, Container, and Pile of Parchment on the table.
- Go back to hand in the quest and pick up the next one.
- After a few simple quests, you will be taken to Heidel and given a quest item called Evergart’s Talisman. Keep this with you because you will need it later.
- Eventually, you will be told to go to Crow’s Nest to meet with Anax.
Crow’s Nest is located northeast of Oquilla’s Eye and is hidden on the map because it is in the Ross Sea. You can use an Explorer’s compass to view the hidden island and your location on the map. The easiest way to find it without one is to go north from Tinberra Island. There is a small dock on the southwest of the island, speak to the new Wharf Manager “Anax” to continue with the questline.
After speaking to Anax you will be led further into the island to speak with Chrio. He will ask you to answer three riddles. Each time you answer it will cost 5 energy.
The answers are below:
- The Papu have more barters
- A Crioniak Prince who lost his memory
Finally, speak to Ravinia and give her the Evergart’s Talisman you were given earlier in the quest line. This will unlock the door behind her and she will give you another quest.
At this point, you must equip the title “Perfect Ravinia’s Guest” which you can find by searching Perfect in the title window (case sensitive).
Continue inside and speak to Lavala. She will ask you to give her a portrait of your character.
- To do this, press F4 to go into the beauty window and take a portrait of your character.
- Speak to your black spirit afterward to receive the portrait, then hand it over to Lavala. Next, you will be asked to interact with the objects around the room, before being led over to Patrigio in the other room in the hall of heroes.
Continue following the questline and you will eventually be teleported to the Pit of Undying where you must defeat 5 bosses in the following order.
The first, second, and Third bosses (Raka, Valkin, and Fareed) are not too hard to kill. Each boss only remains summoned for 10 minutes.
Check the section below for tips and details about the strategies needed to kill them.
If you die to any of the bosses you will need to try again by going back to Chorpy to receive another summoning scroll. You do not need to kill all the bosses again and will start with the current boss.
After defeating all 5 bosses, speak to the orb in the middle of the arena, then your Black Spirit, and finally Chorpy up on the throne. Next to him is an NPC called “Randy” who can teleport you back to the Hall of Heores to complete the quest line and unlock the pit of undying.
Thank you to Rade for reaching out to us to correct some of the mechanics listed below <3
- Rakan should be fairly easy to defeat. There is no special strategy for this boss.
- Valkin will occasionally slam the floor which creates a purple cloud/mist.
- Avoid standing in the mist because it will slow you and when Valkin becomes enraged the mist will explore and it can deal a lot of damage.
- Valkin will also go into the center of the arena several times and summon the mist which will follow you and explode.
- Whilst doing this he has a frontal guard so try to avoid the mist and get as many back attacks as possible. Otherwise, you shouldn’t have much trouble with him.
- Fareed has a leap attack which can knock you down and deal continuous damage to you.
- Fareed will also heal himself when he reaches around 80% HP.
- To stop him from healing, you need to use a Float CC on him. After he has been knocked down he will continue the rest of the fight without healing.
- She will summon 2 clones after taking a certain amount of damage.
- The trick to tell which is the real Bennet is that the clones can be walked through, whilst the real one can’t.
- The real Bennet will also take more damage than her clones.
- Make sure to only focus on the real Bennet because if you kill one of her clones, all of them will disappear and then come back with full HP.
- Once you’ve killed the real Bennet she will come back with the HP she was before she split into the clones, so you must repeat the process a few times to actually kill her.
- Bennet and her clones will also fire projectiles when she is at range which can knock you down.
- Evergart has increased damage and DP compared to the other bosses and will take a bit longer to kill.
- You can avoid most of his attacks by staying behind him and watching out for the blue flicker, which appears when he is about to use certain skills.
- When he uses his Ground Smash skill you must use a float CC to knock him down. You can also use a knockback and then knockdown CC instead. After he is knocked down he takes much more damage for a short period of time.
- Kunga only appears after you have unlocked the questline and can randomly appear as one of your daily boss challenges.
- To defeat Kunga, you have to watch for when he is casting a certain skill. He will get a white effect around him during this time (there may be a red flicker instead).
- The skill is cast once he reaches 85% HP, 70% HP, 55% HP, 40% HP, and 25% HP.
- When he is casting the skill, you must stand behind him and use a floating CC on him.
- If you fail to CC him at least 3 times, then when he reaches 25% HP he will do a spinning attack until you die (you cannot avoid the attack even using your V escape).
- If you successfully CC him at least 3 times then he will still perform a short spinning attack, so you should still watch out. But instead of the spinning attack following you, he will go straight into the arena wall instead. After this, he can be continuously knocked down and is easy to defeat.
- Brodie only appears after you have unlocked the quest line and can randomly appear as one of your daily boss challenges.
- He is an archer with ranged abilities and will set traps around the arena. You can see the timer on the traps and once they reach zero they will explode.
Man of Steel
- Man of Steel only appears after you have unlocked the questline and can randomly appear as one of your daily boss challenges.
- Whilst you are in melee range of him, he will continuously do a 3-hit combo. You need to watch out and dodge at the correct time. If you are at range then he will charge toward you and will stun you.
- Once he reaches 50% a second boss will appear called Man of Fortitude to assist Man of Steel.
- Man of Fortitude is tanky and can also stun you with a similar charge, but he can be CC’d easily.
- Whilst Man of Fortitude is CC’d you should put as much damage onto Man of Steel as you can to defeat the boss.
- Man of Steel will stop attacking you whilst Man of Fortitude is summoned, but will still charge you so watch out and don’t get caught out by it.
- Van Riker first appears as the last boss in your promotion test to DUO. He then has a chance to appear in your daily challenge once you reach DUO Insignia.
- Van Riker has two different spinning attacks. The first one has a blue glow around him and during this one, you don’t need to worry and can deal as much damage as possible during this time.
- If there is a black mist around the spinning attack, then you must use a Bound CC on him.
- If you don’t CC him then he will summon tornados which move slowly and will chase you. If you get caught in the tornado you will be permanently CC’d and die from it.
- Petroglyph Stalker first appears in your daily challenge once you reach DUO Insignia.
- He is a ninja who will drop Shurikens from above which can knock you down if you are hit by them.
- Once he reaches 65%, 50%, 35%, and 5% HP he will summon 1 – 10 clones of himself.
- The clones will disappear after hitting them for a couple of seconds. As the clones disappear they explode and can deal high damage.
- Kardun first appears as the last boss in your promotion test to TRI. He then has a chance to appear in your daily challenge once you reach TRI Insignia.
- Kardun is a wolf who has swiping attacks and will also attack 5 times in a line in front of him (it has a red effect).
- The last hit of the attacks can knock you back so just watch out for that.
- Once he reaches 75% HP and 25% HP he will become enraged. When Kardun becomes transformed he is very tanky and cannot be defeated whilst he is in this form.
- After he transforms, kite him around the arena and do not attack him. After a short period of time, he will become tired and go back into the center of the arena to transform back into his normal state.
- Then he transforms back he can be attacked again and defeated easily.
- Kauha has a chance to appear in your daily challenge once you reach TRI Insignia.
- He is a shaman who will summon different skeletons throughout the fight.
- In the beginning, he will summon lots of Skeleton Archers. Cast AoE skills on the group of skeletons when he summons them.
- You will notice that one of the skeletons is tankier and does not lose as much HP as the rest, focus on this skeleton until it reaches approximately 70% HP.
- He’s not too difficult to spot when you to know look for him due to his unique behavior of not attacking and instead running away and trying to find a spot in the distance away from you to stand idly in.
- Kauha will then go into the middle of the arena and summon more skeleton archers along with 2 elite skeletons this time (one with a dual axe and another with a shield).
- Ignore the Skeleton Archers for now and focus on the elites.
- Both of the elite skeletons must die at the same time, if they do not die at the same time they will be summoned again.
- The one with the shield is tanky and should be focused first, but isn’t that difficult otherwise. However, the one with dual axes will burrow underground periodically and when he comes back up he can CC you (bypassing protection skills).
- After killing both of the elites at the same time, you now need to find the archer skeleton with the most HP again and this time bring it to 30% HP.
- Finally, Kauha will summon 4 elite skeletons (two with dual axes and 2 with shields). This time you must kill all 4 of the elites at the same time by repeating the same process as before.
- Once all 4 elites have been killed, kill the tanky archer skeleton to defeat Kauha.
- Syahzar first appears in your daily challenge once you reach TRI Insignia.
- Syahzar is a succession striker who will try to charge you and use AoE attacks that have a frontal guard.
- His animations are quite long and slow so you can dodge his attacks and then use this time to get as much back-attack damage as possible.
- Once he reaches around 66% and 33% HP he gains an AP/DP buff and will start to do different attacks.
- You need to dodge this attack and then go behind him and use CC on him.
- After 2 different CCs, the AP/DP buff will then disappear and afterward, he is easy to defeat.
- You can use any CC each time, but he becomes immune to whichever CC you use for the rest of the mechanics, so you just have to use 4 unique CCs each time.
- Duran first appears as the final boss in your promotion test to TET. He then has a chance to appear in your daily challenge once you reach TET Insignia.
- To defeat Duran, you must first stand in front of him and wait to be attacked by him. He will use 2 different CC effects on you which you must watch closely.
- After he has used the CC, you have to use the same type of CC on him in the same order.
- For example, if he stiffens then knocks you down, you must use a stiffen and then bound/knockdown on him in that order.
- If you correctly use the same CC then he will collapse onto his knees, during this time you can damage him. When he stands back up, you must repeat the process.
- If you do not use the correct CC on him at any stage throughout the fight then he will gain a DP buff, becoming much harder.
- You can also watch his animations to know which CC was used:
- Sideswipe attack (using his right arm) = The attack can be either a Stiffen OR Stun CC – unfortunately, you need to watch this one carefully
- Sideswipe attack (using his left arm) = Use a Float or Knockback CC
- Upper swipe attack = Use a Float or Knockback CC
- Jump attack = Use a Bound or Knockdown CC
- After the third CC phase, he will start to fight you without the AP/DP buff. Use this time to deal as much damage as possible to him.
- Eventually, he will gain a red glow around him and howl, this means he will go back to the CC phase so you must copy his CC effects again.
- Ascendra first appears in your daily challenge once you reach TET Insignia.
- Once she reaches approximately 80% HP, she will summon a bear companion that will periodically roll in your direction.
- Ascendra will then also buff herself with a DP buff and additional damage. As she takes more damage, she will do an animation where she will glow white.
- You can also damage her bear companion, and if he takes enough damage, he will move to the entrance of the arena and fully heal, before doing a stronger roll towards you.
- Once Ascendra is glowing white, you must move into a position so that the bear roll will hit Ascendra and knock her down.
- If the bear rolls over Ascendra, it will remove the DP buff, allowing you to deal damage to her properly. This mechanic will repeat when Ascendra is 60%, 40% and 20% HP.
- Solaria first appears in your daily challenge once you reach TET Insignia.
- The trick to defeating Solaria is to keep your HP below 60% during the entire fight.
- Whilst your HP is below 60% the DP buff on Solaria changes to an AP buff instead and allows you to deal more damage.
- Kyril first appers as the last boss during your promotion to PEN Insignia. She then has a chance to appear in your daily challenge once you reach PEN Insignia.
- Despite the level, Kyril is one of the more straightforward bosses. She is a succession ranger and uses teleport skills where she will temporarily turn invisible.
- Most, if not all, of her skills seem to have knockback CC, and deal high damage. If you stay at range, she will use either Penetrating Wind or Descending Current, and can spam it. While if you get too close, she uses Regeneration to CC. Penetrating Wind also seems to go through your forward guard, so it is better to just try and dodge the skills.
- Gotha Rensa first appears in your daily challenge once you reach PEN Insignia.
- At about 80%, 50% and 30% HP, he will sheathe his weapons and switch to using a shoulder charge instead.
- Each time he does the animation for the charge, you need to go behind him and land a knockback or float CC.
- As soon as the CC lands, he will do a roar attack in your direction which you must dodge because it deals very high damage.
- He will repeat this 5 times and if you don’t CC during the charging animation at least 4 times, Gotha Rensa will instead do a non-damaging roar attack and will now become unkillable for a period of time.
- If you are hit by Gotha Rensa while he is unkillable, it is an instant death. If you manage to survive, he will return to normal but start doing explosion damage all over the arena, so if you fail the CC, it is best to just start again.
- During the final phase, he can also do a large red AOE attack on the ground, and his other attacks will also change for each phase.
- Kharoxia first appears in your daily challenge once you reach PEN Insignia as the final boss.
- Kharoxia has 3 different phases: Normal, Defensive, Buff/Disable.
- During the first phase, you cannot use Knockback and Float CCs against her.
- If you do then after about 5 of them she will enrage and start spamming large AOE attacks. Be careful not to use CCs while you are damaging Kharoxia.
- For phase 2, Kharoxia will raise her shield and take a defensive blocking stance.
- She will block all frontal damage and rotate to face you. If you make any attacks into the block, then she will turn red and attack you. Bleeds on your skills can also trigger this.
- To disable Kharoxia’s shield you need to quickly go behind her and use a Knockback or Float CC before she turns to face you. You need to break the shield 3 times to move onto the next phase.
- It’s also important to note, that you can cheese the mechanics for Kharoxia. During the second phase, the time limit does not apply and you will only fail if you die. Therefore, you can actually kill her if you don’t use a Knockback or Float CC. However, you do need to be very careful to try and only hit her in the back to deal damage, and be ready to dodge attacks if you hit the front.
- For phase 3, Kharoxia will immediately raise her hands and charge a large purple AOE attack.
- During this time, you will take damage repeatedly if you are inside the purple area.
- The area also gradually widens, and will deal an explosive attack afterwards. When Kharoxia is about to do the explosive attack, she will start flashing red. She will also get an AP buff on her HP bar.
- You must use a Knockback or Float CC when Kharoxia starts flashing red to disrupt her, removing the buff and debuffing her instead.
- You can now deal damage normally and can use any CCs freely. She may start charging the purple AOE again, and you just repeat the mechanic.
How to teleport to Pit of Undying
After completing the questline you unlock the ability to instantly teleport to Pit of Undying to complete the daily challenge.
You can teleport using ESC Menu > War > Pit of Undying.
- Go to the same menu to leave after you have completed your daily quest.
To use the teleport and enter Pit of Undying, your character must be at one of the following locations:
- Crow’s Nest
You must not be in a party to use the teleport. Use the teleport again in your menu to leave Pit of Undying and go back to your original location.
Insignia Combat EXP Buff
Equipping your Insignia will grant you a Combat EXP buff.
You can obtain a higher level Insignia by completing the daily quests for Crow’s Black Jewels, and then successfully beating the promotion tests.
PRI: Undying Crow’s Insignia
|Combat EXP +5%|
DUO: Undying Crow’s Insignia
|Combat EXP +10%|
TRI: Undying Crow’s Insignia
|Combat EXP +15%|
TET: Undying Crow’s Insignia
|Combat EXP +20%|
PEN: Undying Crow’s Insignia
|Combat EXP +30%|
Daily Quest and Rewards
- Every day you have a chance of obtaining Seal of the Undying by killing the 4 bosses.
- If you successfully kill all the bosses you will receive a certain amount of Crow’s Black Jewel which you must collect to create a promotion scroll and go to the next level.
You can exchange Seals of the Undying at Patrigio, located at Crow’s Nest, or from Chorpy if you teleport into the Arena:
- The Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupon must be obtained from Patrigio
|Required Number of Seals of the Undying||Exchangeable Item|
Seal of the Undying x1
▼ Select one from the following:
Finto’s Sweet Juice x1
Seal of the Undying x3
Cron Stone (x1-5) x1
Seal of the Undying x5
Marni’s Unstable Fuel x1
Seal of the Undying x20
Crow Coin Bundle x1
(Obtain 100-120 Crow Coins)
Seal of the Undying x40
▼ 1 of the following items:
Crow Box of Relics x1
Seal of the Undying x100
▼ 1 of the following items:
Corrupt Oil of Immortality x1
Seal of the Undying x300
Advice of Valks (+60) x1
Seal of the Undying x1000
▼ 1 of the following items:
Resplendent Spirit Stone of Destruction x1
Seal of the Undying x6000
Combat/Skill EXP Exchange Coupon
Crow Box of Relics
▼ 1 of the following artifacts:
Marsh’s Artifact- Melee/Ranged/Magic/Monster AP
If you successfully kill all the bosses in the daily, you will receive a certain amount of Crow’s Black Jewel as an extra reward.
||Number of Crow’s Black Jewels obtained
Once you have enough of the black jewels, you can obtain a Sealed Promotion Scroll by speaking to Chorpy and accepting the promotion quest from him.
- You obtain the promotion quest, make sure you have your Insignia equipped.
- You can then use the scroll to do a promotion test. The promotion test requires you to kill 4 bosses.
- If you fail the test you can try again by going back to Chorpy
- If you are successful then you hand over the Black Jewels to Chorpy to complete the quest, and move up to the next level, receiving the next Crow Insignia.
- Higher Insignia levels will reward you with more Seals of Undying when you kill a boss, but will also introduce new and harder bosses.
- You cannot go back to a previous level after successfully completing the Promotion test
- However, you can still choose to accept the lower-level daily quests (eg. if you are at TET Insignia, you can still select PRI – TRI quests)
If you reach PEN Insignia, you can complete a once-per-family quest at Chorpy to obtain extra rewards:
|Quest Name||Quest Requirements||Quest Reward|
|Chorpy||Complete [Promotion] PEN (V) Undying Crow’s Insignia||
Advice of Valks (+100) x1
Immortal: Giant’s Draught x4
Immortal: Perfume of Courage x3
Yulho Random Boss Spawn and Quest
When you complete the [Promotion] DUO: Undying Crow’s Insignia quest, you unlock a once-per-family quest from Chorpy.
The quest is called Chorpy’s Secret Offer and will ask you to defeat Yulho and completing it will reward you with Crow’s Black Jewel x10
Yulho is a samurai and is fairly easy to kill with no special strategy.
He can also randomly appear during your daily quest, and will reward you with Seal of the Undying x30 if you successfully defeat him.