The BDO FESTA Livestream took place on 1st July 2023 and was hosted by CM Endlaive, GM Lafi, and GM Nox. The live stream is similar to the Heidel Ball/Calpheon Ball presentations we have seen in the past.
If you missed the presentation you can catch it at the following official links:
Coupons and Gifts
You can redeem coupons either by going to the Official Website Main Menu > Shop > Redeem Coupon Code, or directly in-game through the ESC Menu > Adventurer Support > Redeem Coupon Code
Vipiko’s Rocking Horse
- Starting on July 5th, all players who obtained the Vipiko’s Rocking Horse will be able to awaken the toy into a real dream horse by combining the Rocking Horse with “Vipiko’s Calling Horn”.
- You can select any of the 3 available dream horses, and players can choose between a male or female horse.
- The dream horse cannot be registered or sold on the in-game central market but can be transformed into a mythical horse.
- Alternatively, if players already possess a dream horse, they have the option to choose Mythical Censer x5 instead.
- More information can be found on the official event page.
- [Event] Thankful Premium Outfit Box x1
- [Event] Nostalgia Classic Box x1
- [Event] Exciting Adventure Outfit Box x1
- Cron Stone x2000
- J’s Hammer of Loyalty x1
- Advice of Valks (+150) x1
- J’s Special Box x2
- Blessed Message Scroll (120 min) x10
- Advice of Valks (+50)
- [Event] Enhancement Help Kit III
- Cron Stone x100
Tier 10 Doom
In an upcoming global update on July 12th, players will be introduced to Tier 10 Doom, a new Mythical horse known as the Hell horse with unique blue flames.
One of the new skills of the Mythical Doom is the “Shadow of Hellfire” ability. Allowing you to summon two additional Doom horses for your guild or party members to use. All 3 of the Dooms have two-seater. The summoned Dooms will disappear either when the rider dismounts or after being summoned for 10 minutes. The developers carefully considered the cooldown time and settled on a 20-minute cooldown, allowing players to utilize the horses in various ways. It is important to note that the summoned Dooms only possess movement skills and do not have any attack abilities.
The Doom horse also provides a valuable Hellblaze buff, granting a 5% movement speed increase for 60 seconds to 10 allies. This horse primarily focuses on enhancing movement for allies, but also has attack skills. For example, the Infernal Sprint skill allows for quick bursts of movement, while the Infernal Legion skill performs a sweeping attack forward and is the stronger mount attack skill.
· Infernal Sprint·
· Infernal Legion ·
When preparing the Mythical horses, the developers initially considered the need for rare materials, but they are now planning to make the items more available through quests, Patrigo’s shop, and as a drop from Offin Tett world boss, or field bosses. The fixed probability (3%) of awakening a Mythical Horse, has also been changed to a stack system that increases the success rate with each attempt.
The update introducing these changes will coincide with the arrival of Doom on July 12th.
Another exciting addition is the exclusive treasure called “Krogdalo’s Stall,” which offers a dedicated stable for mythical horses. With this feature, players can instantly switch between their Mythical horses without the need to visit a stable. If a player manages to acquire all three horses, they will immediately obtain the exclusive treasure and be awarded the yellow title “Cosmic Horse Whisperer.”
Initially, the Mythical Arduanatt horse was deliberately designed to avoid being overpowered and considered essential, but due to its popularity, the developers are now improving the horse. The horse will gain a second leap in the air, which can be activated by pressing the “Q” key during the “Mighty Leap Skill” flight. As for Dine, the horse has the ability to ride on water, but its duration was considered too short. Consequently, the developers will be increasing the amount of time Dine can run on water. Lastly, season characters will now have the capability to ride T9 horses, further enhancing their gameplay experience.
- Land of the Morning Light region will be released on 26th July
- Mountain of Eternal Winter is not planned yet, and LoML will be coming first.
- Pearl Abyss found it difficult to optimize the game for the new updates and would like to apologize for the delay, assuring players that they are working hard to make it stable and optimized
- Mythical Horse and other QoL updates are planned, and more information will be available before the updates through GM Notes.
- In addition, since Abyss One (Magnus) is not available yet on console, a console-exclusive request has been made so that players can use all warehouse functionality even though the Magnus is not yet active. You will also be able get the Magnus skill for your class (Abyssal Skill)
- The QoL Magnus update is coming on the 26th of July and a ring menu update is also planned for August to make the new functionality easy to use.
- The plan is to introduce changes to the in-game monster zones and shake things up!
- New content called “Dehkia’s Lantern” has been developed to promote more active usage of monster zones.
- Monsters in these dedicated zones will awaken and become stronger when players use the lantern.
- The reason for this change was that there were low requirements for many monster zones, but a lack of challenging content for veteran players.
- Monsters awakened by the lantern respawn immediately, allowing players to grind a single group of monsters.
- Each grind spot also drops the same loot as before but has better basic loot when using the lantern to empower the monsters.
- Players can obtain the lantern through a quest and it requires fuel and recharging. You can process Yellow-grade Accessories to use as fuel for the lantern.
- The release is currently scheduled for July 19th in Korea, with plans for a later release on global servers and console platforms.
- The lantern feature will initially be available in specific monster zones only: Ash Forest, Olun’s Valley, Thornwood Forest, Tunkuta, and Cyclops.
- The recommended Attack Power (AP) is 310 and Defense Power (DP) is 410 for Ash Forest, and the monster placement in the area has been improved.
- Olun’s Valley is currently a 3 player monster zone that has lost popularity over time, so the hope is that the lantern will make the zone more desirable again. The monster will be hard and will require you to watch every move of the monster. The recommended AP is 310 and DP is 400.
- Deboreka Earring has also been added to the loot for Olun’s Valley, but the price of the Deboreka will be increased so that it still retains its value.
- The lantern can also be used on Cyclops in Calpheon, which is not really a grind zone at the moment, but with the instant respawn that’s to the lantern, it is now a viable place to grind. The monsters here can also drop the Dawn’s Earring.
New Area – Noble Land Ulu Kita
- On August 9th, a new area in the south of Mediah will be introduced called “Ulu Kita”, which is the homeland of Illezra, the white witch. The continuation of Prince Bareeds’ story will also take place in this new area and story quests will be added in 2 parts.
- There will be 4 grind spots in total, with 2 at the start and the remaining 2 added in September and October.
- “City of the Dead” is a monster zone with elite monsters and numerous enemies. The recommended Attack Power (AP) is 300 and Defense Power (DP) is 400 or higher to venture into this zone.
- “Tungrad Ruins” is another area where players can fight monsters empowered by the black sun. The recommended AP is 310 or higher, and DP is 410 or higher for this zone.
- Monsters in this zone can drop the “Origin of Dark Hunger” item, which allows players to add failstacks to their current stack. Normally, this item can be used to increase stacks up to 230 and is only obtained through events, but the new item can stack up to a maximum of 300 failstacks and can be registered on the central market.
Lafi Bedmountain’s Upgraded Telescope – Treasure Item
- There will also be the introduction of a new treasure called the “Lafi Bedmountain’s Upgraded Telescope.”
- The Telescope enables players to teleport directly to a guild or party member, serving as the opposite function of the compass.
- To craft the Telescope, players need three parts, but it will be easier to acquire compared to the compass.
- All 3 of the parts needed can be obtained in the new area, but the third item required can also be created using the Vodkhan piece from the Compass.
- Ator’s Shoes is the next piece of equipment in the Slumbering Origin (Fallen God) set.
- These are planned to be added in September – October.
Other Treasure Items
- The HP and MP infinite potions will be improved so that they can be placed in the family inventory.
- The developers thought it over for a long time and because of the constant feedback, they decided to just do it since the players really wanted this feature.
- When the potions are placed into the family inventory, they can be used on all characters using the fairy.
- Many players have also created multiple versions of these items. Approximately 10% of players who possess the HP potion also have double potions.
- Therefore, the extra potions can be sold on the central market.
- In addition, separate cooldowns for the Traveler’s map and Archaeologist’s map will be added so that players can use both at the same time.
- The update is scheduled for release on July 12th in Korea, followed by a global release.
Asia Node War Championship
- A cross-server competition for node war is planned for the Asia region.
- The regions taking part will be: KR, TW/HK/MO, JP, TH/SEA
- This time it will be a node war instead of a conquest war, and 4 guilds will be selected for each region.
- There will also be 4 different nodes to fight over, and the gear will be uncapped, but to ensure fair play, participants will be provided with gear to address the differences in gear across the regions.
War of the Roses
- A conquest war between Kamasylvia and Odyllita regions is being developed and this new content is called the “War of the Roses”. The content is now in the final stage of development.
- “War of the Roses” will occur every two weeks, featuring a battle of 300 vs 300 players.
- There are no stat limits, and players that are not in a guild can also participate.
- A main guild will be selected to represent each faction, with participants randomly chosen from the applicants.
- No forts are required for this conquest war, and the focus is purely on combat and strategy.
- A castle has been added in Kamasylvia for the war, and the fight takes place over the two castles (Ordore VS Ornette), but the entire Kamasylvia and Odyllita regions will serve as battlefields.
- Sanctums are capture points on the map that players must obtain similar to the points in the Valencia Red Battlefield. But there are additional requirements such as Black Spirit Rage.
- Players can summon monster armies or choose to reveal areas on the battlefield by capturing a sanctum.
- Sea battles with ship cannons are also encouraged since some of the capture points are in areas where ships can get to more easily.
- A tactical map UI has been developed as well, to display allies and discovered enemies in real-time.
- The tactical map is easier to view compared to the world map and offers new functionality. For example, the Commander of the Faction can use the tactical map to give various orders.
- Through the tactical map, Commanders can set missions and players can receive coins as a reward for listening to the commander and completing the missions.
- The Commander can also designate Advisors to use certain functions of the map.
- Further information will be provided in the GM notes leading up to the pre-season.
- The pre-season for the conquest war is scheduled for August 26th, pending successful development.
Arena of Solare and other PVP
- The 3rd season of Arena of Solare will begin on July 19th.
- New maps from the Land of the Morning Light, such as Dalbeol Village and Shimnidae Forest, will be added.
- In PvP, many players were using features like “escape escape”, using a traveler’s map, or swapping to character selection, so that they could be removed from combat unfairly.
- Now, the casting time for using “escape escape” and the traveler’s map will be increased, and during Emergency Escape (V), players will no longer be able to go to the character select screen.
- Currently, players cannot use Emergency Escape (V) during knockdown and stiffness as well, but this will change on July 5th, allowing the Emergency Escape to be used in these situations.
- To make crowd control (CC) effects more recognizable as well, an icon similar to the ones for Super Armor, Forward Guard, and Invincibility will be added.
- The addition of this icon will come with the Arena of Solare update on July 19th.
- Maegu embraces the revered fox spirit, allowing her to unleash explosive damage.
- She performs classical dances and exhibits distinctive and lively attacks. She is known for her speed and fluidity in combat, and relies on combos.
- Maegu also possesses a unique mechanic called “Spirit Forged.”
- When entering the fox spirit state, players can observe a circular fox skill effect on the ground.
- The fox spirit state enhances the next skill Maegu uses, by adding CC, damage, or range to the skill.
- For example, the skill “Twirling Foxflare” becomes more powerful when used in the fox state, increasing both damage and range.
- Maegu’s skills can be categorized as those used to enter the Spirit Forge state and skills enhanced by the Spirit Forged state.
- Maegu does not have a grab skill in her awakening.
- Players can try out Maegu on the Global Lab server starting July 2nd, with the update rolling out to live servers on July 5th.
- Awakening Ninja, Awakening Kunoichi, and Succession Nova will be getting a balance patch on Global Labs soon, with an update to live servers afterward
- This year, Pearl Abyss would like to focus more on class balance and improving existing classes instead of creating new classes.
- However, the next new class is still planned to be released in Winter 2023.
Imoogi and Black Shrine
- A new Black Shrine boss “Imoogi” will be added alongside the Maegu awakening on July 5th
- The battle takes place on a central altar.
- Players must avoid Imoogi’s attacks while he guards the central altar.
- Going forward, there will also be more updates for Black Shrine, focusing on alleviating location lag and inconsistency between inputs. The first bosses to be focused will be Apex Changui and Gumiho.
- Currently, players also felt that reaching Calamity level 7 is challenging, and the rewards may not be satisfactory.
- The rewards for levels 6 and 7 will be updated, with the chance to obtain the Aboreal Deboreka Earring up to DUO level.
- Defeating a boss on the highest difficulty will also grant a buff for everyone on the channel, and the buff will be named after the honorable adventurer.
- The buff could be AP +1, DP +1, or an Item Drop Rate +20% increase (depending on the defeated Boss’ Aura) and lasts for 3 hours.
- If another adventurer defeats the boss, the buff will be refreshed.
- Currently, the buff will be at level 7, matching the highest difficulty level available. However, when level 10 is added, the buff will be adjusted to level 10 instead.
Great Ocean – Sea Content
- In past presentations, the great ocean is always mentioned, but Pearl Abyss wanted to go over the sea content in more detail today.
- The new Panokseon ship and bartering updates were improvements, but not sufficient for sea content updates, and Pearl Abyss would like to share the upcoming changes.
- First of all, the wind and currents when sailing is a concern, and is now being addressed. Currents will be removed, and wind will remain, which can be used to increase speed when utilized correctly.
- The value of bartering goods will also be increased by 50%, to help raise the silver profit from Bartering.
- New first-mate sailors will be introduced as well, and each of these unique sailors will have special abilities or stats but will use more crew slots and only one can be used at a time. For example, one of the sailors you can obtain has triple stats compared to regular sailors, while another can increase the speed of the skill Breezy Sails.
- The range at which ships can be called will be doubled, and fixes for terrain issues are coming soon.
- New monsters, such as the pirate fleet consisting of 5-10 ships, are being prepared. The strategy is to defeat them without getting surrounded.
- A new monster called the “Flying Fish,” officially known as the “Void Maretta,” will be added, similar to sea harpies.
- Stat restrictions on the Ebenruth’s Nol ship will be removed.
- The guild galley will be upgraded, becoming larger and gaining more cannons. It will also have a hull area where players can engage in a rowing mini-game. Up to 8 adventurers can participate, and the mini-game will increase the ship’s speed. Participation in the mini-game is not required but will enhance the ship’s speed if successful.
- Updates for Ebenruth’s Nol and bartering price changes are planned for July 19th, while the rest of the updates are scheduled for mid-August.
- A category section will be added to the inventory, making it easier to find items. This is an additional sorting option and is not the new default, you can still use your inventory as normal.
- This function will also be applied to the Pearl and Family inventories, as well as plans to add it to the warehouse and storage.
- A “Novice’s Bag” is being prepared for new players to store items and provide extra space. It is exclusively for new players and aims to make it easier for new players who may not know what an item is and whether they should keep it or not.
Life Skill Tools
- A dedicated gathering tool slot is also being added to address the inconvenience of changing gathering tools for different gathering materials.
- Players will be able to perform any gathering activity without a tool, but the efficiency will be lower.
- You can also gather, and even fish with a tool/fishing rod that has run out of durability, although efficiency will be reduced. For example, if the fishing rod runs out of durability, you will use a basic fishing rod automatically.
- The Matchlock and Fishing Rod will be moved to the life skill slot as well instead of occupying the weapon slot and can be swapped to by using a hotkey. This update is to resolve the issues with pearl outfits and the weapon slot and is expected to arrive in September.
- Pet levels (not tiers) will be removed to try and simplify the pet system. Pet pickup speed will be set to the speed of a level 10 pet.
- Node levels will remain even after disconnecting in a node. This implementation may take some time to ensure it is done correctly, but Pearl Abyss promises to push it through.
- Changes will also be made to investing energy, allowing players to invest energy into a node without switching to different characters. This may cause a delay in the node update, but the developers hope players can understand.
- This year, the Terrmian event will not be repeated, and instead, the Summer Event will take place in the “Sea Palace” underwater area.
- Various events will be available within the Summer Event.
- The events will feature mini-games that match the theme of LoML.
- For example, there will be a story called “Byeol Ju Bu Jeon”, which is a Korean folktale from the 7th century about a tortoise attempting to trick a rabbit to take its liver in order to save the king.
- Players can participate in the story, either playing as the tortoise trying to chase the rabbit or as the rabbit attempting to escape.
- A race will be included as well between the Rabbit and the Tortoise, where players can predict the winner of the race and receive rewards if their prediction is correct.
- The Summer Event is scheduled to start on July 26th.
- A new costume, named “Yeorum” (meaning “summer” in Korean), will be released on July 5th. It is designed with a Korean-inspired summer theme.
- It was also mentioned that last summer, there was a promise to create swimwear and today we receive a sneak peak at the new swimming costume.
Class Appearance Renew
The initial appearances of Ranger, Tamer, and Musa, which were shown together when Black Desert was first released, have been renewed to the current remastered version.
1 new male hairstyle and 2 new female hairstyles have also been added