Arena of Solare
The Arena of Solare is here. It is a matchmaking-based PvP content, where Adventurers can test their skills against other Adventurers to claim Solare’s “throne.”
While developing the Arena of Solare, we mainly focused on two things. First, ease of use – you can queue up for matchmaking while playing normally so you don’t have to wait or spend time in loading screens, and if the requirements are fulfilled, you’ll be able to enter the arena immediately. And of course, you’ll be able to return to your original spot right after the match.
The second is the accessibility of PvP. We’re trying to lower the barrier of entry so more Adventurers can take interest in PvP and enjoy it in the Arena of Solare. Thus, we’ve placed limitations on certain character stats to try to maintain a balance between equipment and personal skill as much as possible. We understand some of our Adventurers may be disappointed at not being able to fully make use of their character’s gear, but we believe that it is more important to lower the barrier of entry to allow more Adventurers a chance to enjoy the content. Also, all buffs that are not from character skills such as meals and draughts will be removed in the Arena of Solare. (However, the removed buffs will return when you leave the Arena of Solare.)
In the Arena of Solare, there will be a ranking system called the “Path to Ascension” (English name is subject to change.) While this system is meant to be a meaningful process for Adventurers to experience themselves improving as a player, it also serves to help match you with Adventurers of an appropriate status (personal skill level, etc.) as much as possible. The “Path to Ascension” is currently divided into seven levels, but we are considering further changes before releasing the Arena of Solare to the official servers.
Once again, we want to thank our Adventurers for their patience for this PvP content. We hope Adventurers who are interested in PvP or who haven’t tried it yet will enjoy PvP with the release of the Arena of Solare. As we promised in the previous Calpheon Ball, the Arena of Solare will be first released as a global event and later updated simultaneously on all our official servers. But before that, we will first host it as an event on the Black Desert Global Lab, so we hope you’ll participate.
Oh, one more thing, we’re preparing some honor/glory-based rewards for the Arena of Solare, so we hope you’ll look forward to them.
- Solare’s Arena can be used by normal characters of level 60 or higher.
- Edit menu [ESC] – War [F7] – You can start matching by clicking the ‘Find Match’ button in Solare’s Arena.
(Image shows your Match History Window – Player Kill/Death, HP Recovery, Damage Dealt and Damage Taken)
- When matchmaking starts, a waiting window is created in the upper right corner of the screen, and when matchmaking is completed, you automatically enter the battlefield.
- The total game time per round is 3 minutes, and a certain waiting time is applied before the start of each round.
- In Solare’s Arena, the following limits apply to some of the character’s stats.
※ The corresponding stats are applied based on the final stats currently being applied in My Stats UI in the Equipment (I) window. In addition, there are no separate restrictions on the damage reduction rate and hit rate/evasion rate.
※ In Solare’s window, all other buff effects are not additionally applied except for the buffs applied from skills.
- Upon entering the battlefield, all ‘Life’, ‘Spirit’, ‘Holy Power’ and ‘Fighting’ values, including ‘Black Spirit’s Rage’, as well as the cooldown time and resources of skills, are all reset.
- In addition to this, all buffs applied to the character will be temporarily suspended and will be applied again after the match is over.
- When the match starts, all other buff effects are not applied except for the buff effects applied from skills.
- Solare’s Arena will be played on a best-of-three rounds system, and the victory requirements for each round will be given priority according to the criteria below.
||When all players on the opposing team are killed
||When your team has more players than the opposing team
||When the ally’s HP is higher than that of the opposing team
- If all three of the above are the same, the round will be judged as a draw, and if all rounds end in a draw, the Path to Ascension (ranked) score will not change.
- If the battlefield entry and the connection are closed before the match, re-entry is possible if you reconnect within about 2 minutes. If there are adventurers who need re-entry, the round waiting time will be added.
- If it is judged that a player leaves the battlefield without permission during the match, some penalties for the Path to Ascension (ranked) score and the next match will be applied, and the team members of the escaped player will be divided and applied up to the escaped player’s victory points in case of victory.
- If there is a team member who has left the battlefield, the match may be invalidated by leaving the battlefield during the additional waiting time for the given round. In this case, there is no separate penalty because a team member has already left. (However, if you remain on the battlefield during the additional waiting time, the game will start without the departed team members.)
- In addition to this, if you do not play for a certain period of time after reaching a certain level, points will be periodically deducted according to each level.
Path to Ascension – Ranked Matches
- Path to Ascension score starts at 1200 in default, and changes depending on the score increase or decrease in case of victory or defeat.
▲ Subject to change during official server update.
※ To ensure the matchmaking is optimal for the Arena of Solare, the Arena of Solare will only be available during the event times in the Black Desert Global Lab. More information regarding the event will be provided in another announcement.
■ Arena of Solare Availability Times (Black Desert Global Lab)
You can find details at the following link of how to sign up for a temporary Global Lab account for this event: