What is the Militia system?
The Militia system allows players who are not involved in a Conquest War to participate. You can choose to either attack or defend and help to influence victory or defeat.
How do I join the Militia?To join the Militia you must have a combined gear score of 400 AP/DP. Press ESC to go to the main menu, then choose Militia. Here you can choose what you would like to participate in. Registration is only open every Saturday for 45 minutes, starting an hour before the war.
- EU Militia Registration: 18:00 – 18:45 UTC
- NA Militia Registration: 01:00 – 01:45 UTC
At the end of applications, you will be told whether you are accepted to participate. Participants are selected randomly.
There are a few rules and requirements needed to join the Militia:
- You must be in a guild.
- A maximum of 10 people can apply from the same guild per territory.
- A maximum of 50 people can join on each side to attack/defend (100 total per territory).
- If your guild owns a node in the associated area (Calpheon, Mediah, Valencia) they can only defend.
- If there are only defending guilds, you can only participate on the attacking side with a total of 100 attackers.
- If less than 50 people apply, the militia will not take part in the war.
- If you cancel your application you cannot reapply that same day.
- If the defending guild has owned the territory for 2 weeks, an additional 10 players can participate in the attacking Militia
- If the defending guild has owned the territory for 3 weeks, an additional 20 players can participate in the attacking Militia
- If the defending guild has owned the territory for 4 weeks, an additional 30 players can participate in the attacking Militia
What do I do as the Militia?If you have been selected to join the Militia, make sure you are on the correct channel for the conquest war. You will receive a teleport at the beginning of the war which you can take by clicking on the icon next to your mini-map.
Your character’s name, family name and guild name will all be hidden. Your name will be changed to <Offensive Militia> or <Defensive Militia> and you will have a special icon above your head to display which side you are on.
The attacking Militia and attacking guild are considered to be on the same team and are unable to attack each other. Same rules apply for the defending guild and defending Militia. If a Militia member activates PK they are unable to attack, but can be attacked by other players. However, a participating guild member can turn on Force PK and attack an allied Militia member. Karma will not drop during the conquest war even if you PK another player.
Militia can only resurrect at the nearest town or designated Militia areas and cannot resurrect at a command post. If you die outside the conquest area, you will be resurrected at the nearest Town.
Players participating in the Militia will also be able to communicate using the Militia chat.
The Militia will be disbanded when one side is victorious.
What rewards do I get for participating?Victory conditions:
- Offensive Militia – Destroy the command post of the defending guild
- Defensive Militia – Destroy all command posts of the attacking guilds, or defend the command post successfully for up to 3 hours.
To successfully defend the Defensive Command Post one of the following conditions must be met:
- Castle Gate is not destroyed in 2 hours.
- Inner Gate is not destroyed in 2 hours and a half.
- Command Post inside the castle is not destroyed in 3 hours
Each member of the winning Militia will also receive personal rewards:
- 1,000 guild activity points
- 1,000,000 silver