These are the quest icons that will appear above an NPCs head. The yellow icon means the NPC has a quest for you, the blue icon means that a quest is in progression, the red icon means the quest is completed and you can hand it in at the NPC, and the green icon means that the NPC has a farming quest for you.
To accept a quest go up to the NPC and press “R”, click “Quests” then the name of the quest and click “Accept”.
To view your current quests, press “O”. Here you can abandon quests, use the pathfinder to locate the quest area, and use the walk button to automatically run to the quest area.
Once you have accepted a quest, the quest will show up on your map by flickering blue. Quest areas also show up on your mini-map as a yellow circle and quest monsters will have “Quest Target” above their head and will flicker blue
NPC quests generally follow the same 4 objectives:
- Kill quests – These quests require you to kill a certain amount of monsters in the area(s) marked on the map, the number is usually at least 10 and can go as high as 50. These quests may also require you to kill 3 or 4 different classes of the same monsters, such as warriors, mages and soldiers. These quests may also require you to kill monsters for a certain “item drop”. You don’t have to loot to obtain the item needed to complete the quest, and the item does not appear in your inventory or take up any space in your inventory.
- Knowledge quests – These quests require you to keep killing the monster until you gain “knowledge” of them. This can take a very long time to complete.
- Collection quests – These quests involve going to an area on the map and collecting an item. These quests can be quite unique and have different requirements. Some examples include collecting wild herbs in a field, using a fruit basket to collect a tamed raccoon or moving a trade pack.
- Escort quests – These quests are quite rare and involve escorting an NPC to another area, whilst battling monsters and keeping them safe. These quests are quite simple and easy to complete.
Black Spirit Quests
Black Spirit quests are available every time you level up. There are currently over 150 Black Spirit quests, which end once you reach level 54. To summon your Black Spirit, press the “/” key. You can also open the menu by pressing “Esc” then clicking on the Black Spirit, or you can click the icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
When the Black Spirit has a quest for you, the icon in the bottom-right corner will glow and you will get a notice in the middle of your screen as well as an audio message.
Black Spirit quests generally follow the same 3 objectives:
- Kill quests – These are just the same as the NPC kill quests and require you to kill a certain amount of monsters in the area(s) marked on the map.
- Discover quests – These quests involve talking to an undiscovered NPC on the map. These undiscovered areas/NPCs usually have quests for you to complete.
- Boss quests – These quests usually have “[Partner]” or “[Group]” at the start of the name. The Black Spirit will give you a scroll in your inventory, to summon the boss, go to the area marked on the map and right-click the scroll in your inventory. Although it does recommend you to have a party, you can kill the monsters without help, just make sure you have HP pots and be careful to dodge attacks.
Guild quests are quests that the Guild Master selects from the Guild Missions Menu to give to guild members. These quests will show up on the guild menu which you can open by pressing “G”.
The guild menu will give a description of the quest objective, the amount of time you have to complete the quest and the gold reward. The time is shown in red text and reward is shown in yellow text. Gold rewards usually range between 20,000 silver and 50,000 silver and will go directly to the guild bank once completed.
Other rewards the guild will earn from guild quests include guild points and guild karma. Guild points are required to upgrade the size of the guild or guild skills, while karma is used to start wars with other guilds.
There are 4 types of guild quests:
- Kill quests
- Gathering quests
- Crafting quests
- Trading quests